Eilesh Hayes : Bachelor of Sport and Leisure Studies (BSPLS)
Eileish Hayes says her whole family is football mad so it was only right that at the age of five, she started playing as well. When she was younger, footballers Sarah McLaughlin and Holly Nixon were Eileish’s role models, and she says it has been amazing to play in the same team as them in recent years. Her uncle, who played for the All Whites, was also an inspiration. In 2013, Eileish played in the New Zealand Secondary School Girls’ football team and travelled to Australia to play against the Australian School Girls’ team. They won three out of four games, winning the Trans-Tasman competition. In 2014, the St Peter’s First XI came second at the New Zealand Secondary School’s Lotto Premier Tournament, claiming silver after winning six out of seven games, after losing 2-0 to Mount Albert Grammar School in the final. She is currently sponsored by New Balance and Warrior New Zealand. In future, Eileish hopes to play football in Europe (professionally) for a big women’s club and also play for the Football Ferns.
- New Zealand Under 20 national training Camp - 05/07/2015
- I was selected to attend the New Zealand Under 20 Women's Football Training camp for selection of the wider squad. This camp was held from the 5th to the 9th of July in Auckland as part of a trial based training camp to select players leading up the the Oceania FIFA World Cup Qualifiers. The squad will be announced on the 31st of August
- Selection for the New Zealand Under 20 Womens Football team - 01/09/2015
- This team was selected from the wider training and camp squad which I was picked for in July. The squad was cut down from 40 to 19. This team will travel to Tonga on the 28th of September to the 10th of October to compete internationally in the OFC Womens u20 Football Championship. The winner of this tournament will qualify for the FIFA u20 Womens World Cup in November 2016.
- New Zealand U20 Women's Team- Winners of the OFC U20 Championship and Qualification to the FIFA U20 Womens World Cup 2016 - 10/10/2015
- The OFC U20 Womens Championship was held at the Loto-Tonga Soka Centre in Nuku’alofa, Tonga from 1st-11th of October. We played 4 international games vs Tonga, new Caledonia, Vanuatu and Samoa.
I recieved my first international cap for New Zealand, with an 15-0 win over Tonga, playing 90 minutes
3rd October: "A prolific New Zealand beat New Caledonia 26-0 to record the biggest victory in the history of the OFC U-20 Women’s Championship"
5th October: 18-0 vs Vanuatu, 2nd International cap
10th October: 10-0 vs Samoa, 3rd international cap
With 12 points from 12, we finished top of the table and made us winners of the OFC U20 Oceania Championships and Qualifies us for the FIFA U20 Women's World Cup
- Recieved Runner up player of the year and highest achiever at Claudeland Rovers Football Club - 11/10/2015
- Claudelands Rovers prizegiving: Player of the year runner up and Highest Achievement at the club
- Selected for NZ U20 Training Squad - 08/01/2016
- Selected for the NZ U20 training squad. 22 players were chosen for the squad from the wider 30. This will be cut down to 20 for the FIFA WC in November in PNG.