Eilesh Hayes : Bachelor of Sport and Leisure Studies (BSPLS)
Eileish is in her fourth year at the University of Waikato and is studying towards a Bachelor of Health, Sport and Human Performance. Her most recent achievements include being selected in the New Zealand Under 20 women's squad which competed at the FIFA Under 20 Women's World Cup in Papua New Guinea in November 2016. The NZ U20 team were faced with the 'pool of death' which included France, the United States and Ghana. The team managed a 1-0 win against Ghana however fell to the extremely strong France and United States teams. Eileish has been a part of the New Zealand national team set up since 2014, and has been involved in many international friendlies, tours, and tournaments. From 2014-2016 she was selected in the training squad for the New Zealand Under 20 Women’s squad and she played in the 2015 OFC Under 20 Championships in Tonga which they won which qualified the team for the FIFA U20 World Cup in 2016. Eileish played for the New Zealand Secondary School Girls football squad in the Trans-Tasman Tournament in 2014 (between Australia and New Zealand). Eileish was selected for the New Zealand University Women's Futsal (indoor soccer) team to compete at the World University Futsal Champs in Kazakhstan in August 2018. In July 2017 Eileish was recruited by the 37th best women's soccer team in America, Kent State University and was awarded a full scholarship to play football and attend university for one semester. In the future Eileish hopes to play football for the New Zealand Women's team at the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup and the 2024 Olympic Games. She also would like to take her football overseas and gain an international professional contract in Europe. Eileish is passionate about the development of girl's and women's football in New Zealand and is quite involved in the coaching and mentoring side of the game. It is her hope that the game will grow in New Zealand and she volunteers her time with girls football in the region and community. Eileish is on the Hillary Scholars Club Committee and is in charge of the Social Events programs for the scholars. She is a member of the 2018 Golden Key Academic Honours Society.
- New Zealand Under 20 national training Camp - 05/07/2015
- I was selected to attend the New Zealand Under 20 Women's Football Training camp for selection of the wider squad. This camp was held from the 5th to the 9th of July in Auckland as part of a trial based training camp to select players leading up the the Oceania FIFA World Cup Qualifiers. The squad will be announced on the 31st of August
- Selection for the New Zealand Under 20 Womens Football team - 01/09/2015
- This team was selected from the wider training and camp squad which I was picked for in July. The squad was cut down from 40 to 19. This team will travel to Tonga on the 28th of September to the 10th of October to compete internationally in the OFC Womens u20 Football Championship. The winner of this tournament will qualify for the FIFA u20 Womens World Cup in November 2016.
- New Zealand U20 Women's Team- Winners of the OFC U20 Championship and Qualification to the FIFA U20 Womens World Cup 2016 - 10/10/2015
- The OFC U20 Womens Championship was held at the Loto-Tonga Soka Centre in Nuku’alofa, Tonga from 1st-11th of October. We played 4 international games vs Tonga, new Caledonia, Vanuatu and Samoa.
I recieved my first international cap for New Zealand, with an 15-0 win over Tonga, playing 90 minutes
3rd October: "A prolific New Zealand beat New Caledonia 26-0 to record the biggest victory in the history of the OFC U-20 Women’s Championship"
5th October: 18-0 vs Vanuatu, 2nd International cap
10th October: 10-0 vs Samoa, 3rd international cap
With 12 points from 12, we finished top of the table and made us winners of the OFC U20 Oceania Championships and Qualifies us for the FIFA U20 Women's World Cup
- Recieved Runner up player of the year and highest achiever at Claudeland Rovers Football Club - 11/10/2015
- Claudelands Rovers prizegiving: Player of the year runner up and Highest Achievement at the club
- Selected for NZ U20 Training Squad - 08/01/2016
- Selected for the NZ U20 training squad. 22 players were chosen for the squad from the wider 30. This will be cut down to 20 for the FIFA WC in November in PNG.
- Kent State University Athletic Scholarship - 01/07/2017