The University of Waikato has a commitment to making accessible websites that are usable by as wide as audience as possible.
Access keys allow for quick navigation of websites using your keyboard - the following access keys have been setup for the enrolment subsite:
- Access key 1 is provided for the University homepage - http://www.waikato.ac.nz/.
- Access key 2 is provided for the University Site Map.
- Access key 3 is provided for the University Search site.
- Access key 9 is provided for Contact Us.
- Access key [ is provided as a skip link to the beginning of main content.
- Access key a is provided for this accessibility page.
- Access key w is provided for the Waikato website.
NB: These access keys will not work on the wider waikato website at this time.
To use our access keys, use Alt+[key] on Windows or Ctrl+[key] on Mac. Latest versions of IE require the user to press ENTER afterwards to activate it. Firefox 2 users will need to use Shift+Alt+[key].
Skip links allow you to skip through content on a page such as page banners, headings and navigation. The enrolment subsite has a skip link setup that should be viewable in screen readers, and there is a access key skip link as above.