University of Waikato Hangout
Fluoridation in Hamilton Q&A session
Whether or not to add fluoride to the Hamilton water supply has been a hotly debated topic within the local community over the past few months.
The council voted in June to end fluoridation of its water supply but later decided to hold a non-binding referendum at the October local elections. Whether local residents have made up their mind on the matter or not, there are a lot of questions that still remain.
Join our expert panel (below) and raise your questions at our Google hangout.
- Dr Graham Saunders, Senior Lecturer (inorganic chemistry)
- Dr Joseph Lane, Senior Lecturer (physical and theoretical chemistry)
- Dr Michael Mucalo, Senior Lecturer (physical chemistry)
- Dr Carrie Barber, Clinical Psychology Graduate Programme Director
- Dr Alison Campbell, Senior Lecturer (biological sciences)
- Associate Professor Merilyn Manley-Harris, Associate Professor (organic and analytical chemistry)
Join us live for a Google Hangout on Monday, 14 October 2013 with our very own expert panel from the University of Waikato. We'll be asking your questions live to our expert panel. Tell us what you want to know about fluoridation on Facebook or on Twitter using the hashtag #uowhangout or on our Google + Page via the Hangout Q&A app. Once the hangout has started, you will also be able to ask questions via the comments section on the YouTube live hangout.
New to Google Hangouts? Find out more about Google Hangouts here.
Date: Monday 14 October 2013
Time: 12pm – 1pm NZST
Where: Here on this page. The video of the live hangout will be embedded on this page 10 minutes before the event.
What if I can't make it?
We will be uploading the complete hangout to our YouTube channel to watch after it ends.