Te Kohinga Mārama Marae
'the gathering of diverse understandings and enlightenments'
Te Kohinga Mārama Marae provides a high standard of catering and hospitality service. The marae is a support facility for the University that enhances the ‘Waikato experience’ hosting teaching, learning and cultural needs of the University community.
The marae is also available for external use subject to kaupapa, availability of the marae and at the discretion of the Marae Manager. The Marae Manager reserves the right to cancel marae bookings at any time. This will be done in consultation with all parties concerned.
- Booking Name:
- Booking Start Date and Time:
- Booking End Date and Time:
- Accommodation - numbers:
- Catering - include times:
- Morning Tea:
- Afternoon Tea:
- Half day $100 + gst
- 8am to 1pm or
- 1pm to 6pm or
- 5pm to 10pm
- Full day or overnight $200 + gst
- Menu options and prices are available through the Marae Manager.
- Catering charged per person and on the number booked for.
- All prices quoted are gst exclusive.
Please note that venue and catering charges are set costs and are to be kept separate from any koha that is placed on the marae during the welcome. The koha is at the discretion of the manuwhiri. It is a part of the kawa pōwhiri and does not cover payment for the use of the marae.