Ko te Tamaiti te Pūtake o te Kaupapa
"The Child the Heart of the Matter"
The IPL has an experienced team of literacy facilitators available to support professional learning in Literacy for primary, intermediate and secondary schools. All literacy PLD is underpinned by New Zealand Curriculum, Ka Hikitia, Tataiako, Pasifika Education Plan, Success for All and the Best Evidences Syntheses.
We work collaboratively to ensure:
- literacy success for students
- Māori enjoy education success as Māori
- learning for Pasifika students is underpinned by the Pasifika Education Plan
- acceleration of students not achieving at curriculum expectation
- students with special education needs are underpinned by Success for All
- There is success for English Language Learners.
Our facilitators are based in Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Gisborne and Napier. We:
- work with schools to tailor make PLD to address individual needs
- support leaders and teachers to develop a deeper understanding of data in literacy so that schools can independently and effectively gather, analyse and use data to meet the diverse needs of students
- Are innovative with literacy approaches that will ensure that all learners are considered when developing a Literacy Strategic Plan.
We also support schools to grow the capability of literacy leaders and aspiring literacy leaders with workshops that include: 'Effective Teaching and Learning in Literacy Years 1-8, Professional Learning and Development Sessions for Literacy Leaders, aspiring Literacy Leaders and English Language learning leaders'. These workshops explore the following areas:
- establishing goals and expectations for the role
- planning, coordinating and evaluating teaching and the curriculum
- (leading) promoting and participating in teacher learning and development
- engaging in difficult conversations
- creating educationally powerful connections with family
- Developing confidence in using the ELLs resources.
Facilitators providing these services have a strong knowledge of teaching as inquiry, literacy and ESOL pedagogical and content knowledge, and cultural responsiveness to cater for diverse needs.
For further information about consultancy opportunities in literacy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org