The IPL has an experienced team of facilitators in the mathematics and statistics learning area available to support professional learning and development (PLD) in primary, intermediate and secondary schools. Our work is underpinned by New Zealand Curriculum, Ka Hikitia, Tétaiako, Pasifika Education Plan, Success for All and the Best Evidence Synthesises. The facilitation team are up-to-date with current research and effective practice.
Our facilitators have bases in Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Rotorua, Gisborne, Taupo and Napier and move across these areas to:
- work with schools in-depth or on a flexible response basis
- provide coaching and mentoring
- work with communities of schools
- deliver one-off or a series of workshops (staff meetings or teacher only days) for a school or cluster of schools
- support schools and teachers in their inquiries fostering opportunities towards the development of inquiry mindedness
- Supporting schools and accelerate the learning of all students in both mathematics and literacy.
Our team works collaboratively with other facilitators who are specialists in areas of learning with digital technologies, gifted and talented education, leadership and assessment, and literacy and we often work together to add another dimension to your tailored support if required. Any professional learning and development undertaken within your school or community will be negotiated and tailored to meet your specific needs.
Please visit our website at www.iplworkshops.ac.nz for detailed information about the courses we facilitate:
- for Provisionally Registered Teachers, Overseas Trained Teachers and Returning Teachers, teacher aides and specific year levels e.g. New Entrants, years 7-10
- to support schools with assessment tools, for example JAM and GloSS, and effective pedagogy.
We are aware that schools may wish to send a significant number of their teaching staff to a course. If this is not feasible, then we can present that workshop in its complete or a modified version in your school or for a cluster of schools. We advertise on a term by term basis to ensure we can be responsive to school's needs and requests. If you wish to receive updates of these courses automatically, then please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about consultancy opportunities in mathematics, please contact email@example.com