Current Opportunities for Graduates and Students
Planning for our future
Advance your career in plan change administration. Due to an internal promotion, we need an Administration Superstar to join our professional team. Our Planning team is currently reviewing the Nelson Plan and provides policy advice on planning and resource management issues as part of Council’s Unitary Authority role.
This role offers a variety of administrative work from supporting the Nelson Plan process to assisting with Plan Changes and community consultation. You need excellent document management and project management skills, with a strong eye for detail. Your strong customer and team focus, self motivation and ability to quickly learn new systems and processes will ensure your success.
This is a great opportunity to join a team committed to making Nelson a better place and apply your previous plan administration or graduate planning knowledge to that purpose.
Energy, a sense of humour and exceptional interpersonal skills are essential.
Nelson City Council work together to make Nelson a better place - to live, work and play. We value integrity, focus on our customers and place an emphasis on teamwork. Working at Council gives you an opportunity to make a difference to Nelson, in a supportive and flexible work environment.
Come and help us make Nelson an even better place.
This is a full time position.
Full Job Description at http://nelson.govt.nz/council/jobs-2/current-vacancies/
Applications close 12 noon Monday 5 October 2015.
Enquiries about the application process can be made to the HR team on 03 546 0250 or email email@example.com.
For more information about this role itself please contact Matt Heale, Manager Planning on 03 539 5506.
Fixed term from November 2015 to February 2016
The Health Promotion Agency (HPA) is charged with leading and delivering innovative, high quality and cost effective health promotion programmes to inspire New Zealanders to lead healthier lives.
We are looking for a summer student to assist our Research and Evaluation team conduct work around a range of leading health initiatives such as the Mental Health Monitor, Minimising Gambling Harm study, and our range of Tobacco Control and Alcohol programmes. This is a great opportunity to work with a vibrant and active research team who provide dynamic and interesting real world research findings on a range of health topics.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- experience or to be passionate one of the four topic areas: Mental Health, Minimising Gambling Harm, Tobacco Control or Alcohol.
- some experience with qualitative research
- good written and communications skills
- be a team player
- the ability to work well under pressure and to follow through on strategies, project plans and policy development.
A working knowledge of STATA or SPSS is desirable.
To be considered for this role you will need to be enrolled in a Master Degree programme during 2015 and have an academic staff member to supervise the project. The role is fulltime and based in Wellington.
If you have any questions please phone Robyn Buckley on 04 912 0741. Please note that students are required to be a non-smoker and be eligible to work in New Zealand.
To apply for the summer student role submit a copy of your CV, a cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience in one of the four topic areas and the completed student application from by Friday 9 October. Please send to Robyn Buckley, Health Promotion Agency, PO Box 2142, Wellington 6140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live, Work, and Travel in this fascinating country
Opportunity China is a gateway for English teachers to find exciting and enriching teaching positions in China. Working only with trusted partner schools, we’re here to offer personalized advice and resources throughout the process, whether you’re an experienced teaching professional, a first time teacher or are taking a gap year. We have well-paid teaching jobs in China available year round, as well as Au Pair & Study, Summer Camp and Summer Mandarin Study Program.
To find out more about our job positions, partner schools and opportunities, please visit: www.opportunity-china.com
Here you will find information on the application process, and a space to upload your CV.
What are the key Chinese phrases to know to help you teach in the classroom? Keep up to date with our blog at: http://www.opportunity-china.com/blog/
- Develop your career with a proudly 100% Kiwi owned and operated organisation
- Collaborate with a dedicated team within the fast-paced world of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
- Join one of New Zealand’s largest organisations for the 2015/2016 summer period
Applications are now open for the Foodstuffs North Island 2015/2016 Intern Programme. We are looking for talented students who are in their penultimate year of study and want to gain real-world experience and exposure within our business. We have intern programmes available in Commercial Operations, Property Development, and IT.
Foodstuffs North Island is proudly 100% Kiwi owned and operated. We have grown from humble beginnings to become New Zealand's biggest grocery distributor, and one of the country's largest organisations. Some of our iconic brands include Pak’nSave, New World, and Four Square.
Here at Foodstuffs North Island we are committed to our values of Integrity, One Team, Excellence, Customer Focus, and Entrepreneurial.
Who are we looking for?
Are you in the penultimate year of your degree, and are looking for a highly stimulating role over the summer break? Foodstuffs North Island is looking for a variety of students to join us on our mission to lead New Zealand’s grocery industry.
We are searching for students who are:
- strong analytical thinkers
- energised by our mission
- effective communicators
- effective at collaborating with others
- willing to try new things
- eager to learn
- genuine and role model the Foodstuffs North Island way of doing things
To be eligible for our intern programmes, you need to:
- hold New Zealand citizenship or have New Zealand work rights
- be in your penultimate year of study
- have received a B grade average
- be available to work for us over the 2015/2016 summer period at our support centre in Auckland
If you are ready to be challenged and make an impact, then our 2015/2016 Intern Programme is perfect for you. To be exposed to a career in the dynamic world of FMCG, please go to www.foodstuffsinterns.com to apply online today.
Applications close on Wednesday 30th September.
DIRECT Teacher Recruitment Specialists is a Nelson company that specialises in placing Early Years, Primary and Secondary teachers of all subjects into full-time teaching posts worldwide. We recruit for UK schools and for private international schools in Asia, mainland Europe, the Middle East, South and Central America, North Africa and the Caribbean. If you are finishing your teaching degree/post-grad this summer and are looking for an opportunity abroad, we can help!
DIRECT operates differently from a conventional agency in that we only deal with direct school contracts. This means that teachers who take a job through us sign their contract directly with their new school. Teachers do not work through DIRECT, are not paid by us and do not have a financial or contractual agreement with us. Of course, there are absolutely no fees payable to DIRECT at any stage of the recruitment process – our schools pay our fees.
- Over 91% of our schools are rated ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- DIRECT recruits for schools all over England – not just the southeast
- $1000 is paid towards your flight to England (put directly into your bank account 3 weeks after you start in your new school)
- Assistance with finding accommodation and setting up a bank account and utility bills is provided
- Advice on CVs and help with interview preparation provided
Jobs in Private International Schools worldwide:
- Excellent relocation packages provided by the schools – usually including free flights, accommodation, medical insurance, VISA, utility bills, etc.
- DIRECT advises on culture of the country and helps to network with other teachers
- Advice on CVs and help with interview preparation provided
To register and receive more information please email a CV to email@example.com or call Claire Birch in Nelson on 021 335779. Teachers can also register at http://www.directtrs.com/ or visit our facebook page
Summer Internships - Bioresource Processing Alliance
The Bioresource Processing Alliance (BPA) is offering summer internships in companies, universities, or within the BPA partner organisations (Scion, AgResearch, Plant & Food Research and Callaghan Innovation). An internship must be undertaken at a combination of two or more of these organisations (such as The University of Auckland and Scion, or AgResearch, a company and a university, etc).
The BPA is funded by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and the Alliance works with the primary sector to help develop high value products from its low value secondary biological waste streams. These can be from aquaculture, forestry, horticulture, meat processing, dairy processing, microbiological or other biological sources or industries.
The BPA's aim is to focus on large volume secondary streams that currently go to land-fill, are given away, or are sold for little value. By turning these waste streams into high value products for export, we aim to help generate over $100m in revenue for New Zealand companies by 2020.
Some examples of the types of projects the BPA has worked on include looking at ways to turn nuisance aquaculture species into export products, developing animal feeds from horticultural waste, hydrothermal processing, extracting high value compounds from animal by-products, high value foods from low value aquaculture sources, nutraceutical development from fruits and vegetables, biofuels from forestry waste.
If you are interested in working with a company that has the opportunity to turn a biological waste stream into a high value product, the BPA can potentially fund an internship to the value of $5,000 over the 2015/16 summer period, however, internships do not necessarily have to involve a company.
Students studying programmes such as science, engineering, medicine and health are encouraged to apply but students from business schools with a relevant project may also apply. Students would ideally be in the third or fourth year of their studies. Applications close 30 September 2015.
There is also the potential to undertake Masters projects with the BPA, so you might like to consider this as an opportunity for future projects, or as a follow-on to an internship.
Intelligence graduate analyst/analyst (Asia/Pacific issues)
The National Assessments Bureau is looking suitable candidates at either graduate analyst or analyst level who are interested in working on global affairs, with a view to working on a range of issues in the Asia/Pacific region.
For more information visit The Graduate.
FD Graduate Option Program – New Zealand
First Derivatives is a global software and consulting firm working within the capital markets industry since 1996. The company is a global expert in providing data, trading and risk management products and solutions to investment banks, hedge funds, exchanges, FX brokers and other financial institutions.
We are widely renowned for the quality of our service, our product portfolio and for our pragmatic and commercial approach. Our growth is the direct result of the importance that we attach to our clients, understanding their business and building and maintaining strong relationships. The key to our market position is continuing our strong track record of profit growth and our international reputation for the quality of our services in target sectors. Our culture ensures that our people are well motivated, well rewarded and have the opportunity to develop their true potential, which is critical to meeting our varied client needs and our continued commercial success.
We are seeking high calibre graduates from a range of backgrounds. Our Software Engineering and Technology Trading streams are popular with graduates from STEM disciples, as well as Computer Science and Software Development courses. We need quick thinkers who are excellent problem solvers and have mathematical minds. The type of graduates that FD hire are those who stand out in their class who are academically strong and have the personal skills to match.
The ideal applicant will have:
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving
- New Zealand Permanent Resident
- A minimum of ABB at A Level (or equivalent in Leaving Cert Points)
- A minimum 2.1 in a degree in Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Accounting or a similar degree discipline
- A confident communicator, competent in client interactions
- The ability to pick up technical training and apply this to client projects
- Presentable for clients
- Kdb+ experience will be regarded favourably
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Opportunities are limited, so the selection process will be demanding. Successful candidates will follow the process below:
- Candidate CVS will be screened from HQ
- Stage 1 consists of a telephone interview
- Stage 2 is a Skype interview
- Stage 3 is a telephone technical competency interview
- Stage 3 -Job offer
Post selection, the successful candidates will undertake training in our Newry (Ireland) office. Based on the successful completion of this training, graduates will be made available for deployment within our Consulting clients which include top investment banks across New Zealand. Candidates must display a strong interest in Investment Banking and the Capital Markets sector specifically.Interested candidates, please apply directly via FD website www.firstderivatives.com/careers
Interested in an opportunity to extend your skills and experience life working in the tech hub of the world? Winternz is your ticket to an amazing experience in the Silicon Valley in San Francisco, working with the most innovative organisations in the world!
Make your mark on the global information technology industry whilst developing your technical and professional skillset. Exceptional talent requires exceptional opportunities and the opportunity to learn in an innovative and challenging environment. Whether it be working for startups, high growth firms or grand corporate organisations.
Winternz offers you the chance to operate in a real-world environment, with hands-on projects and assignments, collaborating with some of the most intelligent minds in the industry. Not to mention you’ll be working right in the midst of the information technology capital of the world. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for any undergraduate or graduate who aspires to make an impact on the international information technology landscape.
This Program is supported by NZTE, Kea and Immigration NZ. There are both 3 month long internships and yearlong graduate roles available. We have a range of roles available including Software Engineers, Client Engineers, Fullstack Engineers, Database Administrators, Web developers and mobile app developers.
Jump on to - http://winternz.com/usa.html
We look forward to hearing from you!
Applications close at the end of September.
Live and work in Japan
Become an Assistant Language Teacher or Co-ordinator for International Relations
- A New Zealand citizen with a degree or a 3-year teaching diploma or expecting to obtain one by July 2016?
- Interested in young people and keen to teach English in Japan?
- Interested in international activities?
University of Waikato Campus Presentation
Wednesday 30 September 2015, 1.00-2.00pm, Room I.1.09
Full-time & Internship opportunities in Development (engineering)
Applications to this opportunity are considered for all available Development (engineering) roles.
Software engineers (SWEs) at Microsoft are passionate about building technologies that make the world a better place. At Microsoft, you will collaborate with a team of programming experts to solve problems and build some of the world's most advanced services and devices. Your efforts on the design, development, and testing of next- generation applications will have an impact on millions of people.
You are the link between abstract concepts and delivered solutions – the one who understands the consumer, solving problems, and building applications that will impact millions of people.
SWEs dive deep into code and work with fellow programming experts to solve problems and build powerful new tools. You are required to think about the customer to ensure stellar product quality, and you provide technical guidance to PMs as they communicate user needs and product requirements. As a SWE, you are dedicated to producing the world's most advanced software.
- A bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree in engineering, computer science or related field (within six months of graduation).
- A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages preferred.
- A year or two of experience in C/C++/C#/VB.NET and experience designing and developing tool architecture preferred.
- Strong technical prowess, including understanding of algorithms, systems architecture and end-user experience.
- Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions.
- Expertise in feature definition, design and feasibility.
- Demonstrated skill in estimating development time.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict management.
Microsoftisanequalopportunity employer.All qualifiedapplicants will receiveconsideration foremploymentwithoutregard torace,color, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity orexpression,religion,nationalorigin,maritalstatus, age,disability, veteran status,geneticinformation,or anyotherprotectedstatus.
OMD 2016 Graduate Programme
Looking for a life less ordinary?
Are you constantly curious and hungry for more? Do you like to work collaboratively with others to produce outstanding results? Do you have a desire to make things happen?
We are looking for people with smarts, passion and impressive powers of persuasion and influence. People who have tonnes of skills in planning, organisation and initiative; people who are dynamic, motivated and who go the extra mile as a matter of course.
If you’re looking for a challenge, and a career where no one day is the same, then apply for our 2016 graduate programme.
The 2016 Graduate Programme
Our graduate programme is positioned to offer multiple career opportunities, supported through our unique learning framework. Successful candidates will be offered a fixed term opportunity as a graduate in a career path of interest and best fit.
Our graduate programme will commence within the first week of February 2016 and you may be placed in either our Auckland or Wellington office.
Our Graduates join not only with a competitive salary and benefits to match, but also with access to some of the best learning and development opportunities in the industry. You will gain real experience and opportunity to work with some of our top clients, alongside some of the brightest and best minds in the industry.
On completion of the programme, you would have gained some valuable experience and may be offered a full-time opportunity within the group.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an exciting selection day in Auckland around October.
This is your life we’re talking about. Don’t let it be ordinary.
Apply on our website www.omd.com/new-zealand/global-media-agency
- Click join OMD
- Click explore our careers
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
- Kiwi Health Jobs is owned and supported by the 20 District Health Boards (DHBs) and NZ Blood Service.
- We work with the ACE graduate programmes for Nursing and First-year House Officers.
- Over 60 employers on the site including DHBs, NZ Blood Service, private providers, PHOs and many others—take a look!
- The range of roles is diverse. From allied health & technical roles to IT, management and communications—we have something for everyone.
- Positions available throughout all of New Zealand.
- Permanent, fixed term and casual roles across clinical and non-clinical workgroups.
Access to roles that don’t always get advertised on other job boards.
Start your search with us: www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Janát-Amsbury Lab, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Division of Gynecologic Oncology
Job Summary/ Responsibilities
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the Janát-Amsbury Laboratory to investigate models of gynecological cancers (ovarian, uterine). Furthermore, the lab has interest in drug delivery and nanotechnologies and their translation into clinical use in form of diagnostic and/or therapeutic tools. Translational Research will mainly focus on gynecological malignancies (ovarian, endometrial, cervical cancer), but also include other fields of interest in women’s health.
MD, PhD or MD/PhD degree with at least 2 years of previous laboratory research experience and a strong background in molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry and/or bioengineering is recommended.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology is seeking a highly talented and committed individual with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment. The Candidate should have a strong record of productivity, be highly motivated and have a strong desire to develop an independent career. The successful candidate should be comfortable to equally interact with medical doctors and residents, basic scientists, students, and staff. The candidate should be a self-starter, capable of working independently and taking a lead role on various projects under the PI’s guidance.
Following a successful 6-month initiation period, a longer-term appointment with the possibility of a multi-year extension based upon performance and availability of funding will be considered.
Successful candidates will contribute to the department’s world class standards and have the opportunity to develop their own research, publication record, and presentation skills under mentorship from established clinical and research faculty. Integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, transparency, communication skills, and team spirit are prerequisites for the successful applicant.
Candidates should provide a CV, names and contact information for 3 references, list of publications and a short personal statement regarding personal career goals.
Experience in some of the following techniques is desired:
Tissue and Cell culture techniques, Stem cell (Cancer initiating cell) Research, Animal Research, HPLC, Flowcytometry, FACS, basic molecular biology such as: PCR, Blots, growth and isolation of DNA/RNA, cloning & mapping, protein expression, extraction, data analyses, data assembly for grant proposals/presentations, writing skills, critical thinking.
Sarah Paterson | Associate Director of Human Resources
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
The University of Utah | School of Medicine
Technical Sales, Telemetry Systems for Environmental Research
Biological Science or Electrical Engineering Degree Preferred
As a Lotek partner company, Sirtrack is able to draw upon a global team of engineers and manufacturing specialists to provide world-class leading wildlife tracking products designed to withstand the rigors of extended field deployment and deliver crucial environmental data for its clients. With clients all over the globe, we specialise in manufacturing devices capable of tracking creatures of nearly every size spanning avian, freshwater, marine and terrestrial wildlife. This career opportunity places you at the epicentre of decisions that set the balance between conservation, wildlife research, hydro-power, mining, forestry, farming and fisheries.
Are you interested in selling technical solutions to better understand animal's perspective on changes in the environment? Our Radio, Acoustic, Archival, GPS and Satellite instruments deployed on animals throughout the world provide insight to animal behaviour, how and where they spend their lives. Your core functions will see you assisting PhD scientists, Government Agencies, Universities, NGO's, Community Funding Groups and Wildlife Consultants in selecting the telemetry solution most appropriate to meet their application space. You will be the key sales link between their research needs and the technical capabilities of Sirtrack's and the global network of Lotek companies.
This is a highly specialized role. An academic and practical understanding of animal research and the ability to communicate and relate to researchers in the field will be key to your success. A good grasp of wildlife telemetry would be a huge advantage. As your clients will predominantly be offshore, you must have a track record that proves you have the initiative, organizational and time management skills to communicate across a range of different media and time zones. Planned travel will see you visiting your market throughout the year. Technical competency and excellent computer literacy skills are fundamental to keeping ahead in this hugely diverse role.
This once in a lifetime Hawke’s Bay based opportunity should stop you in your tracks! If your expertise aligns and you are keen to be part of this award winning team, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can learn more information about Sirtrack and its affiliates at www.sirtrack.com and www.lotek.com and www.biotrack.co.uk
Now accepting applications for January 2016 arrivals!
Are you looking for an international experience with a world-renowned company that can enhance your C.V while sharing your culture with people from all over the world?
Then the Disney Cultural Exchange Program is an opportunity of a lifetime!
Through this program, you could spend six months being immersed in American culture while working at Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, FL. This work experience gives you the chance to develop transferable skills and apply business philosophies to a real-world setting.
Roles offered include Lifeguard, Operations, Hospitality, Recreation, Food & Beverage and Entertainment in theme parks, resort hotels, water parks and other recreational and entertainment areas.
During your free time, visit the Disney parks with complimentary admission or enjoy resort-style amenities in company-sponsored housing with cultural events and activities offered exclusively to program participants.
Apply today for an experience you just can’t miss!
To qualify, candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years of age to apply
- Be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand.
- Be a current student at an accredited post-secondary university or at a tertiary-level accredited educational (TAFE) / Polytechnic institution and have completed the first full year of study prior to application. (Please note you may not defer the semester prior to your arrival
- Recent graduates who have earned a Bachelor's Degree may also apply but must start work at Walt Disney World Resort within 12 months of their graduation date.
- Students enrolled in Advanced Diploma, Diploma, or Certificate programs must have completed the first full year of studies and be actively enrolled in their educational institution. Graduates of these programs are not eligible.
- Per Visa regulations, you may not study via correspondence full-time.
Kiwi Teachers – Live & Work in London!
- Register locally in our Auckland and Hamilton office
- Secure work for the start of the UK academic year or start off in guaranteed daily supply
- Choose from a range of schools and teaching opportunities across London
Are you thinking about living and teaching in London? Keen to kick-start your career and earn great money, all whilst living the European dream?
NZ-based agency Smart Teachers is now recruiting newly qualified Kiwi teachers to fill roles in the UK across Early Years, Primary, Secondary, and Special Needs. We work closely with a range of outstanding schools throughout London and the surrounding counties, and are expertly placed to find you the perfect job in the perfect location.
Our unsurpassed service package includes:
- Full “registration to work in the UK” before leaving NZ
- 24/7 support from your personal consultant in New Zealand and UK
- Skype/Phone introduction and seamless handover to your dedicated consultant in London
- Comprehensive visa and travel advice
- Pre-departure work guarantee
- Flexible work options and weekly pay
- Free ‘Smart Start’ welcome kit upon touchdown in London
- Assistance setting up a UK Bank account and National Insurance Number
- Assistance claiming back a portion of your relocation and living costs
- Short and long term accommodation options
- Free professional development including British National Curriculum induction
- Regular social networking events
- Generous referral incentives including cash bonuses and free flights
Our Kiwi teachers feel safe and secure knowing that every little detail has been taken care of, and we promise to take care of you too. Contact Smart Teachers today to find out how you can get the smartest start in London.
Our client is a rapidly growing Private Training Establishment that are growing from strength to strength in the Health & Safety Industry. They provide a wide range of courses and auditing services suitable for the individual needs of their clients business.
They are now in a position where they want to bring in a Business Support Co-ordinator in to learn each aspect of the business with the view to become a ‘future leader’ of the organisation. This is a brand new position to the company so the role will grow organically over time.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- To provide support for commercial and business improvement activities
- To provide outstanding levels of customer service to both internal and external clients
- To ensure that the end-to-end process from sale through to programme evaluation is carried out seamlessly, efficiently and to high class standards
- To provide business and systems analysis to provide feedback on effective and efficient systems
To be successful you will need:
- Confidence dealing with people with outstanding customer service skills
- Strong process improvement skills with an analytical mind
- Intermediate/Advance Microsoft Suite
- Accurate and efficient record keeping and system maintenance
- Flexibility to adapt as the role develops
Ideally you would have recently graduated from tertiary education and looking for a role where you can really harvest a career with progression up to management.
To express email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Recent Grad,
We would like to tell you the story of your future self. Like any good fairy tale, it starts with Once Upon A Time.
Once upon a time, you were sleeping peacefully in your student flat. You had survived exams and graduation festivities and your parents had finally gone back to your home town. You woke with a start - a thought most daunting had crept into your mind, “What Next?”
That’s what lead you here. You scrolled through the vacancies and nothing really caught your eye, until you saw this role. Unlike other roles, this role didn’t ask you for experience that you didn’t have or any vital organs.
This role offered you an opportunity to bring your lateral thinking, growing commercial savvy and new qualification in return for the experience that you want from your first career step. It offered you well-structured training with the best in the business, support and development to harness your untapped potential and an environment that would encourage your personal and professional growth.
In return, the business asked for someone that would champion their brand within the grocery (FMCG) channel. With your determination to succeed at a career in sales, your willingness to travel as required to service the BOP/Waikato territory and your history of accomplishments that show discipline and drive, you decided that you had what it took to be that champion.
For all of this, you would be duly rewarded. Not only would you be provided with competitive remuneration and a work vehicle, this organisation aimed to empower you with the knowledge and potential required to become one of their future leaders.
So with the premonition of yourself at a long lunch with silver tableware, you decided to apply. The advertisement told you to apply online Here but also offered you a chat with Angie Agrella on (09) 928 0777.
So here we are, reaching out to you and offering you a glimpse of your possible future- If you would like this to be your story in three years- This is your call to action- Get in touch with your CV.
Graduate Sales Cadet Role – Auckland
Looking to move to the big smoke? (No, I don’t mean Huntly.)
Want a career in sales?
Interested in learning from the best in the business?
This Auckland CBD-based business is searching for their next superstar sales cadet. You may not have any sales experience whatsoever but if you show tenacity, resilience and can think on your feet, they will give you the opportunity and tools to learn the rest.
You will be working in a well-established business with an excellent brand and be surrounded by the best talent in the industry. That’s where you come in; it will be your job to sell all of this to customers. This role requires someone with the confidence and communication skills to call on previous and future customers and show them the value in having this publication in their boardrooms and on their coffee tables.
This role provides you a chance to take a role and make it your own, the only limitations are the ones you set for yourself. Offering not only a competitive base salary, our client believes that your success should also be a direct result of the effort you put in - they offer a decidedly rewarding commission providing a genuinely achievable target is reached.
With your great new degree, self - belief and determination in tow, make the move now and apply online Here or get in touch with Angie Agrella on (09) 928 0777.
International Volunteer HQ
International Volunteer HQ (IVHQ) provides safe and affordable international volunteering opportunities for student travelers. Having placed more than 42,000 volunteers abroad since 2007 we’re the experts and the global leader in volunteer travel. We’re trusted by over 13,000 volunteers every year.
If you’re looking for an alternative break, or for an opportunity to travel with purpose, we have program that’s right to you. IVHQ volunteers make a lasting contribution to community-based projects throughout the world and we offer a choice of more than 30 locations across Africa, Asia, Central and South America, Europe and the Pacific.
Our programs operate throughout the year and can be arranged around to fit a student schedule, and you can choose to volunteer with us for anything from 2 weeks to 6 months at a time. You can also choose to gain course credits or achieve course requirements and international volunteering is an experience which appeals to many prospective employers.
With a wide range of different opportunities in each location, you can choose to volunteer on projects such as Teaching, Childcare, Community Development, Medical, Construction, Environmental Advocacy and Wildlife Conservation. All of our programs include accommodation, meals and comprehensive support and guidance from our local teams.
Daily tasks typically include 3 - 5 hours of volunteer work, and students have weekends and evenings free to experience local culture and to explore their chosen location. Program fees start from as little as $250.
For more information or to apply today, visit www.volunteerhq.org
CPA Australia is seeking motivated, career-focused accounting students for Student Ambassador positions for 2015 at Waikato University.
CPA Australia is one of the world’s largest Accounting bodies, with 154,000 members globally, 19 offices around the world, and members working in 121 countries. We are experiencing rapid growth in New Zealand with employers such as KPMG, Deloitte, PwC, Inland Revenue and more becoming CPA Recognised Employer Partners here in NZ.
The CPA Australia Student Ambassador Program is designed to support and empower students to share information relating to CPA Australia, professional membership and careers in accounting, finance and business within their peer networks. Can you commit up to 1 hour per week across Semester 1 and 2 2015 to promote CPA Australia's global student network and assist in raising the profile of CPA Australia on campus?
Undertaking tasks and showing leadership outside day-to-day studies does add real value to your CV when employers are looking for candidates with that "x" factor.
Activities will include:
- Supporting any CPA on-campus activities
- Presentations to fellow students in lectures and tutorials
- Liaising with faculty, careers staff and student associations
- Provide ideas and feedback to CPA Australia to further promote the program
- Reporting on activities back to CPA Australia
In recognition of your time and commitment, you will receive the following key benefits:
- Full training from CPA Australia
- Certificate and letter of reference for your CV
- Opportunity to be part of a global organisation
- Network with like-minded peers
To apply, please email a CV and brief cover letter to email@example.com
Are you a Graduating Teacher who is excited about the opportunity to travel in Europe?
Earn while you have fun travelling and experiencing Europe!
VIBE have been supporting Central London Schools and Teachers since 2001. We are committed to placing our Teachers in excellent schools that offer support and a friendly teaching experience- we are Teachers placing other Teachers. We understand your needs and we will never send you somewhere we wouldn't teach ourselves!
At Vibe, we are always looking for Teachers with a positive and proactive attitude, who are ready to take on a range of full time positions and day to day Supply.
If you are keen to find out more about this position, please email your CV and a contact number to Vibe ASAP!
We offer a great daily rate, ongoing support and cracking parties!
Vibe Teacher Recruitment...Inspiring Better Education!
Phone: 020 369 65000
Or go to our Facebook page
TEACHING IN ENGLAND ... A DIFFERENT APPROACH
How are we different?
- We are committed to giving a proportion of profits to non profit making organisations and charitable causes linked to children and Education
- We pay teachers more and charge schools less because we keep costs to a minimum
- We make no charges to you for any of our services
- We are an independent family-run business built through recommendation
- We have over 40 years’ experience teaching, leading and inspecting schools.
- Our interview may be longer because key to our service is knowing you as an individual
- We will never pressurise you to take a job, the choice is always yours
- We offer a personal service tailored to your needs
- We offer practical guidance before, during and after your time with us
- We can offer high quality professional advice because we have current and relevant experience in schools
- We offer pastoral support and regular social events
- We aim to leave you with wonderful memories that last a life time
- Helping you to get the right job for you is a first and only priority
- We will acknowledge any contact within 24 hours
- We will respond to any questions you ask us within 48 hours
- Anything you ask we will answer accurately and in plain English
- We will always be honest and open
- We will always give you the help and advice you ask for
- We will be with you every step of the way, from advice with the documents you need to work in the UK, to helping you get set up when you arrive, to helping you when you leave
- Our aim is that you have a wonderful experience, both professionally and personally, and leave with memories to last a life time
- We believe what is morally and ethically right is commercially right
- We give impartial advice so you can make your own choices
- We always go ‘the extra mile’ to get it right
- Our strong track record means our clients know they can put their trust in us
- With over 20 years’ experience in recruiting, we have the ‘know how’ to match each teacher to the right job
- We get to know our teacher clients so we can fully meet their needs.
The Ultimate Paid Canadian Adventure
Premium Overseas Experiences
Hunting - Horses - Guiding - Agriculture
Ultimate OE provides the opportunity to work in some of the most amazing locations in Canada. We work closely with our employers to ensure all applicants are involved in the very best of overseas work experiences, be it working in the Canadian hunting industry, agricultural work (tractor driving or work as a cowboy), horse trekking (wrangling or guiding) or skiing. As part of the program you are guaranteed a paid employment opportunity, meals, accommodation and the experience of a lifetime.
Your motivation for the program should be an interest in the particular choice of work (hunting, guiding or horses), love for the outdoors, challenges and new experiences. The program can be seen as either a “GAP year” type opportunity or a stepping stone into a chosen industry.
Ultimate OE has secured these paid employment opportunities based on our applicants being partially trained in the specifics relating to the job requirements. Both Matt and Kuran spend time with all applicants teaching the majority of the content and framework, this time allows us to best align the employee with an employer. Additional to this teaching Ultimate OE subcontracts specialist instructors, allowing NZQA accreditation to specific portions of the training.
Teaching units relating to all programs include, Canadian administration, Canadian flora and fauna, employee / employer expectations, job roles, cooking and cleaning for large groups, predator awareness and prevention, chainsaw **, ATV**, first aid**, work place health and safety**, customer interaction, wellbeing and personal safety, horse packing, horsemanship, gratuities, photography/videography. Additional to these units, each course has additional topics specifically related to the industry. ** Signifies NZQA accredited teaching units.
- Additional hunting units - Skinning, trophy preparation, trophy judging, hunting restrictions and game laws, hunting Canadian game animals, firearm safety, floatplane safety, (a greater emphasis on predator prevention)
- Additional Horse Trekking (Equine) units – Essential horse care and first aid, client safety, horse safety, trail guiding expectations, trail lead experience (time spent riding and leading in western tack), the Canadian guest ranching industry.
Placement length varies dependent on roles, generally they are between 3 and 5 months, there is the opportunity to add placements together, equating to a longer work period (please note, these are limited in numbers and carry an additional cost), these specifics should be discussed with your Ultimate OE contact.
For further information visit www.ultimateoe.co.nz.
Please feel free to contact Kuran and Matt by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +64 22 697 6007.
Teach English in Korea
TESLJOBKOREA is an agency with more than 16 years’ of professional experience in running ESL language schools and with recruiting expertise which provides a unique and unbeatable service to teachers and hiring schools.
We have positions available in locations across Korea.
- Salary: 2.1M-2.8M won (US$1,820-US$2,430) which is related to your qualifications and English teaching experience.
- Severance pay: (1 month salary) on completion of contract.
- Contract period: Minimum 12 months, and extension if desired.
- Target students: Kindergarten to High school (age group: 5 - 16) or Adults
- Work hours: 25-30 hours of teaching / week
- Housing: FREE furnished living accommodation provided by school (within walking distance of school)
- Air Ticket: sponsored by hiring school (one way ticket and another ticket on completion of contract)
- Vacation: 5-10 days paid vacation and 10 days of national holidays.
- Medical Insurance: employer pays 50%, teacher pays 50%
- Visa is sponsored by employer
- Very low income tax
- Living costs are much cheaper than New Zealand.
- Native English speakers (i.e. UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand)
- At least Bachelor degree required (any major)
- No ESL teaching experience required
- TESL/TEFL certificate preferred but not required
- Accountable and proactive spirit at work preferred
HOW TO APPLY?
It’s very easy to find a teaching job through us since we have an extensive client list. We will work with you all the way from matching your desired school to helping you get a working VISA to arranging travel to Korea to finally getting you settled at your client school.
Just sit back and relax. We will take care of most of the administrative process.
E-mail us the following documents and info:
- Resume (Attach by Microsoft Word file)
- Most recent digital picture (Attach by JPEG)
- Available start date
- Contact info and your current location
- Desired destination city in South Korea and any student preferences (e.g. Kindergarten, High School)
The above information will be critical to match the best school for you.
T: 07 854 0301
M: 027 250 2011
94 Rototuna Road
Teach London is a branch of Teach Now, a well-established educational recruitment company. We are now expanding to specialise in finding teaching posts in London for overseas teachers, building on our immense success over the last five years in the UK jobs market.
- Free Visa (Tier 5)
- Free Flight
- Free Pick Up from the Airport
- Guaranteed Accommodation
- Free London Training Programme
- Guaranteed Pay
- Job Placement
- Teacher Mentor
We have organised a full induction programme and offer fantastic pastoral support to overseas teachers coming to the UK through Teach London. We hope you will be interested in combining your professional development with the opportunity to explore and be enriched by the United Kingdom and Europe.
We would welcome the opportunity to make teaching in London a reality for you!
For more information contact:
Where Could an Officer Career Lead You?
The New Zealand Defence Force is seeking high calibre engineering graduates to become Engineer Officers in the Navy, Army and Air Force.
A military engineering career is varied and challenging with early exposure to leadership and decision making. As our Engineers progress through their career they will manage projects and equipment acquisition, be responsible for their subordinates' welfare and professional development and deliver engineering solutions in a high tempo operational context.
We provide world class training, continued professional development throughout your career and support our people to become Chartered Professional Engineers. We offer undergraduate and graduate scholarship schemes suitable for a range of engineering specialities.
For more information visit www.defencecareers.mil.nz
Like our Facebook page to keep up-to-date with current vacancies
For more information on any of the above positions, please email email@example.com.