Current Opportunities for Graduates and Students
2018 Treasury Graduate Analyst
Are you passionate about making a difference in your community? Do you want to help build a more sustainable, prosperous and inclusive New Zealand? Are you in your final year of study and want to kick-start your professional career?
Working as the government's lead economic, financial and regulatory policy advisor, the Treasury works with public sector agencies to help the government of the day make informed decisions on a wide range of areas.
Joining the Treasury as a graduate, you will:
- Have a unique insight into the inner workings of New Zealand public sector - an opportunity that you won't find anywhere else
- Have the chance to contribute toward raising higher living standards for New Zealanders
- Have meaningful, varying and challenging responsibilities and projects
- Offer advice on a wide range of subjects not limited to economics, finance or commerce (subjects include social housing, education, natural resources and many more)
- Build networks with teams across the New Zealand public sector
- Have access to development and career opportunities outside your immediate scope of work
Our 18 month Graduate Development Programme includes:
- Working with 8-12 other new graduates in a professional cohort
- Technical training
- Behavioural and skill development
- One on one coaching by a skilled mentor
- Targeted 90 day development plans
Our graduate opportunities are not limited to economics, finance and commerce graduates. The Treasury is interested in building a diverse and competent workforce with graduates from any discipline.
We do need you to have an ability to work with numbers, but what really matters to us is that you are an innovative thinker who can:
- Successfully adapt to an ever changing political and economic environment
- Relate well with others to understand and influence outside perspectives
- Clarify areas of ambiguity and filter irrelevant or distracting information
- Communicate findings clearly and precisely to a wide range of audiences
- Think critically and analytically about problems and their solutions
- Thrive under pressure
- See the big picture while being accurate with the small details
- Provide an excellent tertiary academic record
For more information and to apply now.
Applications close on Wednesday 29 March 2017 at 11:55pm NZST. If you have any questions or would like to find out more please contact Emily Soper, Treasury Programme Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017-2018 Treasury Summer Internship
Are you passionate about making a difference in your community? Joining the Treasury as an intern will give you a unique insight into the New Zealand public sector and the chance to contribute toward the goal of higher living standards for New Zealanders. We are looking for people from a wide range of social and cultural backgrounds and life experiences.
As the government's lead economic advisor the Treasury works with public sector agencies to help the government of the day make informed decisions on a wide range of areas. These include:
- Economic growth and what drives business performance
- Social housing and housing affordability
- Water rights, resource management, climate change and other natural resource issues
- Education and skills
- Welfare, justice and health issues
We are looking for summer interns (preferably in their 2nd or 3rd year studies) from a broad range of disciplines. We are not only interested in economics, finance and commerce students but also welcome applications from students studying towards arts or humanities degrees (such as psychology, sociology, history, political science, law and many more).
The degree you are currently undertaking is not critical - what counts for us is that you can:
- think critically about problems and explore broadly for solutions
- relate well with others to understand and influence outside perspectives
- take risks and push boundaries
- adapt to change
- communicate clearly
- perform at a high level
Our interns enjoy a supportive environment with a focus on developing skills and building capability during their internship. Working directly in one of our policy teams you will get first-hand experience and exposure to what we do on a daily basis. Unlike other internships, the work you do will be directly related and used by the team to help them with their wider objectives. The exact nature of the work will depend on the individual's background, experience and interests.
For more information and to apply now.
Applications close Wednesday 29 March 2017 at 11:55pm NZST.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more please contact Emily Soper, Treasury Programme Advisor at email@example.com
BRV Consultants Limited comprises of consulting engineers specialising in the field of Structural, Geotechnical, Civil, Stormwater/Wastewater Management and Flood Mitigation engineering and design. We have been involved in the Geotechnical testing, investigation and design of subdivisions, residential buildings and commercial projects across Auckland and Waikato region.
Our newly opened Hamilton branch is looking for a suitable fresh graduate with a 3-4-year formal qualification in any of the fields in Geotech Engineering, Soil Engineering, Civil Engineering or Geologist.
We also need:
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Reasonable fitness to carry out field tests.
- Full class one drivers license.
Office work & field testing. Company car is provided to travel to job sites. Field tests will require someone of reasonable fitness, as it involves lifting and digging.
If you think you are fitted for this job, please email your CV to Hamilton@brvconsult.nz
More information at http://www.brvconsult.nz/
Campus Visit - Internship, Graduate position or Scholarship
All 2nd, 3rd year and Postgraduate (including Honours and Masters) students studying Economics, Finance, Banking, Mathematics, Statistics and Law.
Come and chat with some of our recent graduates about the fantastic career opportunities at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Paid Summer Internships
- A fantastic career for graduates
- $10,000 scholarships which come with a graduate job
- A $10,000 “Women in Central Banking” scholarship which comes with a graduate job
- Maori and Pacific Island student scholarships
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand is a great place to begin your career in Economics, Banking and Finance.
You develop, present and discuss your work with senior policy makers from day one and our career paths allow you to grow your career. We provide excellent pay and benefits as well as internal, local and international training and development opportunities.
We will be on campus on Wednesday 8 March 2017 to answer your questions, find out about what you're looking for in your career, and to tell you about life at the Reserve Bank.
This informal drop-in coffee session will be with some of the Bank’s staff who have come through our graduate programme. For full details of our scholarships, summer internships and graduate positions, please visit our website: http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/grads
Applications are open from 16 January to 19 March 2017.
The University of Waikato Campus Visit
When: Wednesday 8 March 2017
Time: 12pm – 2pm
Where: MSB 4.02, Level 4, Management School
If you have any questions about our campus visit, please contact Nikki Chalmers, Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Graduate Position - Hamilton
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person with a background in business and engineering to join our friendly office team.
You will be well organised, accurate person with a high level of attention to detail. Experience in a manufacturing and/or engineering environment is preferred but not essential.
Key tasks and duties include:
- Technical and engineering data base management
- Production and engineering data entry
- New product coordination
- Purchasing raw materials and consumables
- Product design and CAD drawing
- Ability to prioritise
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of Solid Works
- High levels of attention to detail
- Organised with good time management skills
- 'Can do attitude'
This position would suit a recent graduate in Engineering looking to start a career in Manufacturing and/or Engineering industry. Prior experience in Manufacturing or Technical Environment is an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided along with the opportunity to diversify your skills.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please email a covering letter and CV to: Hans.email@example.com
Teach English in China in the beautiful subtropical city of Wenzhou
Excellent salary 8,000 to 20,000 RMB (from $1100 p/m to $3000 Canadian Dollars p/m) + benefits
- Accommodation included and 10 000 worth of flight tickets p/a) fully refunded.
- Any Bachelor Degree - TEFL (Optional) Experienced teachers are welcome too!
- Paid vacation and public holidays
- Health Insurance
- Free Accommodation included
- Free airport pick up
- Students ranging from ages 3 to 14
- Work hours from 1 to 9pm
- Maximum of 16 students per class
- Low living costs
You must hold a valid passport from the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Will have positions available for non-natives in the following few months.
To apply, email the supporting documents listed below (to gather your Chinese work visa) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree scan
- Passport scan
- Skype ID / phone
- Criminal record Check
- Recommendation letter with signature
- Any optional supporting documents
NZ Teachers needed urgently in the UK
Ever wanted to teach overseas? Now is the time!
Prospero Teaching is an award-winning education recruitment agency with offices in London and all across England and Wales. We specialise in finding short-term and long-term positions for teachers and classroom support staff and work with hundreds of Primary, Secondary, Early Childhood and Special Needs schools.
We currently have a HUGE amount of work available, in both long-term vacancies and daily supply cover. We can even offer Guaranteed Pay Contracts if you'd rather have the best of both worlds, guaranteeing five days a week of pay whilst giving you the flexibility of daily supply (equivalent to relief teaching). Our schools love Australian and New Zealand teachers, but we simply need more to meet the enormous demand.
We are looking for future, and recent, teaching graduates interested in working in a full-time capacity. Successful candidates will have access to a host of webinars and free accredited professional development courses that will prepare candidates for the task of teaching in the UK. Currently, NZ teachers can complete one of their two years teaching registration in the UK (conditions apply)
As an overseas-trained professional, you will have your own dedicated consultant from our International Team guide you through the process of moving to the UK, including providing assistance with setting up bank accounts, finding accommodation, applying for visas, and gaining all the paperwork you need to be able to begin working as soon as possible. Most importantly, our service is free to you as a candidate.
Prospero Teaching can offer excellent rates of pay that will enable you to enjoy your time living in the UK and exploring Europe. Our regular social events will also enable you to meet other Australian and New Zealand teachers.
Application close: 15th-November-2016
Start date: Ongoing roles available from January 2017
Contract Hours: Full Time
Remuneration/ Pay rate: $280-360 per day
Location: London, Manchester, Chelmsford, Cardiff, Leeds, Bristol, Essex, Birmingham, Southampton
To apply, or even to have informal chat about the process, please contact Patrick Kearns – based in our NZ office - by emailing: email@example.com; or calling 021 27 TEACH.
Teachers needed urgently in the UK!
Prospero Teaching is an award-winning education recruitment agency. Here at Prospero Teaching we are fortunate to have eight UK offices in addition to our international offices spread across Canada, and right here in Aotearoa! We specialise in finding short-term and long-term positions for NZ teachers and classroom support staff in the UK.
We currently have a HUGE amount of work available, in both long-term vacancies and daily supply cover. We can even offer Guaranteed Pay Contracts if you'd rather have the best of both worlds, guaranteeing 5 days a week of pay whilst giving you the flexibility of daily supply. Our schools love New Zealand teachers but we simply need more to meet the enormous demand.
As an overseas-trained professional, you will have your own dedicated consultant from our AUSNZ Team guide you through the process of moving to the UK, including providing assistance with setting up bank accounts, finding accommodation, applying for visas, and gaining all the paperwork you need to be able to begin working as soon as possible.
Prospero Teaching offers excellent rates of pay that will enable you to enjoy your time living in the UK and exploring Europe. Our regular social events will also enable you to meet other Australian and New Zealand teachers.
If you require any additional information about teaching in the UK, or simply would like to have an informal chat about the process please contact your friendly NZ team - lead by Manger Patrick Kearns (himself a NZ trained teacher) on:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 27TEACH
Live, Work, and Travel in this fascinating country
Opportunity China is a gateway for English teachers to find exciting and enriching teaching positions in China. Working only with trusted partner schools, we’re here to offer personalized advice and resources throughout the process, whether you’re an experienced teaching professional, a first time teacher or are taking a gap year. We have well-paid teaching jobs in China available year round, as well as Au Pair & Study, Summer Camp and Summer Mandarin Study Program.
To find out more about our job positions, partner schools and opportunities, please visit: www.opportunity-china.com
Here you will find information on the application process, and a space to upload your CV.
What are the key Chinese phrases to know to help you teach in the classroom? Keep up to date with our blog at: http://www.opportunity-china.com/blog/
DIRECT Teacher Recruitment Specialists is a Nelson company that specialises in placing Early Years, Primary and Secondary teachers of all subjects into full-time teaching posts worldwide. We recruit for UK schools and for private international schools in Asia, mainland Europe, the Middle East, South and Central America, North Africa and the Caribbean. If you are finishing your teaching degree/post-grad this summer and are looking for an opportunity abroad, we can help!
DIRECT operates differently from a conventional agency in that we only deal with direct school contracts. This means that teachers who take a job through us sign their contract directly with their new school. Teachers do not work through DIRECT, are not paid by us and do not have a financial or contractual agreement with us. Of course, there are absolutely no fees payable to DIRECT at any stage of the recruitment process – our schools pay our fees.
- Over 91% of our schools are rated ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- DIRECT recruits for schools all over England – not just the southeast
- $1000 is paid towards your flight to England (put directly into your bank account 3 weeks after you start in your new school)
- Assistance with finding accommodation and setting up a bank account and utility bills is provided
- Advice on CVs and help with interview preparation provided
Jobs in Private International Schools worldwide:
- Excellent relocation packages provided by the schools – usually including free flights, accommodation, medical insurance, VISA, utility bills, etc.
- DIRECT advises on culture of the country and helps to network with other teachers
- Advice on CVs and help with interview preparation provided
To register and receive more information please email a CV to email@example.com or call Claire Birch in Nelson on 021 335779. Teachers can also register at http://www.directtrs.com/ or visit our facebook page
Who are we?
- Kiwi Health Jobs is owned and supported by the 20 District Health Boards (DHBs) and NZ Blood Service.
- We work with the ACE graduate programmes for Nursing and First-year House Officers.
- Over 60 employers on the site including DHBs, NZ Blood Service, private providers, PHOs and many others—take a look!
- The range of roles is diverse. From allied health & technical roles to IT, management and communications—we have something for everyone.
- Positions available throughout all of New Zealand.
- Permanent, fixed term and casual roles across clinical and non-clinical workgroups.
Access to roles that don’t always get advertised on other job boards.
Start your search with us: www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Kiwi Teachers – Live & Work in London!
- Register locally in our Auckland and Hamilton office
- Secure work for the start of the UK academic year or start off in guaranteed daily supply
- Choose from a range of schools and teaching opportunities across London
Are you thinking about living and teaching in London? Keen to kick-start your career and earn great money, all whilst living the European dream?
NZ-based agency Smart Teachers is now recruiting newly qualified Kiwi teachers to fill roles in the UK across Early Years, Primary, Secondary, and Special Needs. We work closely with a range of outstanding schools throughout London and the surrounding counties, and are expertly placed to find you the perfect job in the perfect location.
Our unsurpassed service package includes:
- Full “registration to work in the UK” before leaving NZ
- 24/7 support from your personal consultant in New Zealand and UK
- Skype/Phone introduction and seamless handover to your dedicated consultant in London
- Comprehensive visa and travel advice
- Pre-departure work guarantee
- Flexible work options and weekly pay
- Free ‘Smart Start’ welcome kit upon touchdown in London
- Assistance setting up a UK Bank account and National Insurance Number
- Assistance claiming back a portion of your relocation and living costs
- Short and long term accommodation options
- Free professional development including British National Curriculum induction
- Regular social networking events
- Generous referral incentives including cash bonuses and free flights
Our Kiwi teachers feel safe and secure knowing that every little detail has been taken care of, and we promise to take care of you too. Contact Smart Teachers today to find out how you can get the smartest start in London.
International Volunteer HQ
International Volunteer HQ (IVHQ) provides safe and affordable international volunteering opportunities for student travelers. Having placed more than 42,000 volunteers abroad since 2007 we’re the experts and the global leader in volunteer travel. We’re trusted by over 13,000 volunteers every year.
If you’re looking for an alternative break, or for an opportunity to travel with purpose, we have program that’s right to you. IVHQ volunteers make a lasting contribution to community-based projects throughout the world and we offer a choice of more than 30 locations across Africa, Asia, Central and South America, Europe and the Pacific.
Our programs operate throughout the year and can be arranged around to fit a student schedule, and you can choose to volunteer with us for anything from 2 weeks to 6 months at a time. You can also choose to gain course credits or achieve course requirements and international volunteering is an experience which appeals to many prospective employers.
With a wide range of different opportunities in each location, you can choose to volunteer on projects such as Teaching, Childcare, Community Development, Medical, Construction, Environmental Advocacy and Wildlife Conservation. All of our programs include accommodation, meals and comprehensive support and guidance from our local teams.
Daily tasks typically include 3 - 5 hours of volunteer work, and students have weekends and evenings free to experience local culture and to explore their chosen location. Program fees start from as little as $250.
For more information or to apply today, visit www.volunteerhq.org
Are you a Graduating Teacher who is excited about the opportunity to travel in Europe?
Earn while you have fun travelling and experiencing Europe!
VIBE have been supporting Central London Schools and Teachers since 2001. We are committed to placing our Teachers in excellent schools that offer support and a friendly teaching experience- we are Teachers placing other Teachers. We understand your needs and we will never send you somewhere we wouldn't teach ourselves!
At Vibe, we are always looking for Teachers with a positive and proactive attitude, who are ready to take on a range of full time positions and day to day Supply.
If you are keen to find out more about this position, please email your CV and a contact number to Vibe ASAP!
We offer a great daily rate, ongoing support and cracking parties!
Vibe Teacher Recruitment...Inspiring Better Education!
Phone: 020 369 65000
Or go to our Facebook page
TEACHING IN ENGLAND ... A DIFFERENT APPROACH
How are we different?
- We are committed to giving a proportion of profits to non profit making organisations and charitable causes linked to children and Education
- We pay teachers more and charge schools less because we keep costs to a minimum
- We make no charges to you for any of our services
- We are an independent family-run business built through recommendation
- We have over 40 years’ experience teaching, leading and inspecting schools.
- Our interview may be longer because key to our service is knowing you as an individual
- We will never pressurise you to take a job, the choice is always yours
- We offer a personal service tailored to your needs
- We offer practical guidance before, during and after your time with us
- We can offer high quality professional advice because we have current and relevant experience in schools
- We offer pastoral support and regular social events
- We aim to leave you with wonderful memories that last a life time
- Helping you to get the right job for you is a first and only priority
- We will acknowledge any contact within 24 hours
- We will respond to any questions you ask us within 48 hours
- Anything you ask we will answer accurately and in plain English
- We will always be honest and open
- We will always give you the help and advice you ask for
- We will be with you every step of the way, from advice with the documents you need to work in the UK, to helping you get set up when you arrive, to helping you when you leave
- Our aim is that you have a wonderful experience, both professionally and personally, and leave with memories to last a life time
- We believe what is morally and ethically right is commercially right
- We give impartial advice so you can make your own choices
- We always go ‘the extra mile’ to get it right
- Our strong track record means our clients know they can put their trust in us
- With over 20 years’ experience in recruiting, we have the ‘know how’ to match each teacher to the right job
- We get to know our teacher clients so we can fully meet their needs.
The Ultimate Paid Canadian Adventure
Premium Overseas Experiences
Hunting - Horses - Guiding - Agriculture
Ultimate OE provides the opportunity to work in some of the most amazing locations in Canada. We work closely with our employers to ensure all applicants are involved in the very best of overseas work experiences, be it working in the Canadian hunting industry, agricultural work (tractor driving or work as a cowboy), horse trekking (wrangling or guiding) or skiing. As part of the program you are guaranteed a paid employment opportunity, meals, accommodation and the experience of a lifetime.
Your motivation for the program should be an interest in the particular choice of work (hunting, guiding or horses), love for the outdoors, challenges and new experiences. The program can be seen as either a “GAP year” type opportunity or a stepping stone into a chosen industry.
Ultimate OE has secured these paid employment opportunities based on our applicants being partially trained in the specifics relating to the job requirements. Both Matt and Kuran spend time with all applicants teaching the majority of the content and framework, this time allows us to best align the employee with an employer. Additional to this teaching Ultimate OE subcontracts specialist instructors, allowing NZQA accreditation to specific portions of the training.
Teaching units relating to all programs include, Canadian administration, Canadian flora and fauna, employee / employer expectations, job roles, cooking and cleaning for large groups, predator awareness and prevention, chainsaw **, ATV**, first aid**, work place health and safety**, customer interaction, wellbeing and personal safety, horse packing, horsemanship, gratuities, photography/videography. Additional to these units, each course has additional topics specifically related to the industry. ** Signifies NZQA accredited teaching units.
- Additional hunting units - Skinning, trophy preparation, trophy judging, hunting restrictions and game laws, hunting Canadian game animals, firearm safety, floatplane safety, (a greater emphasis on predator prevention)
- Additional Horse Trekking (Equine) units – Essential horse care and first aid, client safety, horse safety, trail guiding expectations, trail lead experience (time spent riding and leading in western tack), the Canadian guest ranching industry.
Placement length varies dependent on roles, generally they are between 3 and 5 months, there is the opportunity to add placements together, equating to a longer work period (please note, these are limited in numbers and carry an additional cost), these specifics should be discussed with your Ultimate OE contact.
For further information visit www.ultimateoe.co.nz.
Please feel free to contact Kuran and Matt by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +64 22 697 6007.
Teach English in Korea
TESLJOBKOREA is an agency with more than 16 years’ of professional experience in running ESL language schools and with recruiting expertise which provides a unique and unbeatable service to teachers and hiring schools.
We have positions available in locations across Korea.
- Salary: 2.1M-2.8M won (US$1,820-US$2,430) which is related to your qualifications and English teaching experience.
- Severance pay: (1 month salary) on completion of contract.
- Contract period: Minimum 12 months, and extension if desired.
- Target students: Kindergarten to High school (age group: 5 - 16) or Adults
- Work hours: 25-30 hours of teaching / week
- Housing: FREE furnished living accommodation provided by school (within walking distance of school)
- Air Ticket: sponsored by hiring school (one way ticket and another ticket on completion of contract)
- Vacation: 5-10 days paid vacation and 10 days of national holidays.
- Medical Insurance: employer pays 50%, teacher pays 50%
- Visa is sponsored by employer
- Very low income tax
- Living costs are much cheaper than New Zealand.
- Native English speakers (i.e. UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand)
- At least Bachelor degree required (any major)
- No ESL teaching experience required
- TESL/TEFL certificate preferred but not required
- Accountable and proactive spirit at work preferred
HOW TO APPLY?
It’s very easy to find a teaching job through us since we have an extensive client list. We will work with you all the way from matching your desired school to helping you get a working VISA to arranging travel to Korea to finally getting you settled at your client school.
Just sit back and relax. We will take care of most of the administrative process.
E-mail us the following documents and info:
- Resume (Attach by Microsoft Word file)
- Most recent digital picture (Attach by JPEG)
- Available start date
- Contact info and your current location
- Desired destination city in South Korea and any student preferences (e.g. Kindergarten, High School)
The above information will be critical to match the best school for you.
T: 07 854 0301
M: 027 250 2011
94 Rototuna Road
Teach London is a branch of Teach Now, a well-established educational recruitment company. We are now expanding to specialise in finding teaching posts in London for overseas teachers, building on our immense success over the last five years in the UK jobs market.
- Free Visa (Tier 5)
- Free Flight
- Free Pick Up from the Airport
- Guaranteed Accommodation
- Free London Training Programme
- Guaranteed Pay
- Job Placement
- Teacher Mentor
We have organised a full induction programme and offer fantastic pastoral support to overseas teachers coming to the UK through Teach London. We hope you will be interested in combining your professional development with the opportunity to explore and be enriched by the United Kingdom and Europe.
We would welcome the opportunity to make teaching in London a reality for you!
For more information contact:
Where Could an Officer Career Lead You?
The New Zealand Defence Force is seeking high calibre engineering graduates to become Engineer Officers in the Navy, Army and Air Force.
A military engineering career is varied and challenging with early exposure to leadership and decision making. As our Engineers progress through their career they will manage projects and equipment acquisition, be responsible for their subordinates' welfare and professional development and deliver engineering solutions in a high tempo operational context.
We provide world class training, continued professional development throughout your career and support our people to become Chartered Professional Engineers. We offer undergraduate and graduate scholarship schemes suitable for a range of engineering specialities.
For more information visit www.defencecareers.mil.nz
Like our Facebook page to keep up-to-date with current vacancies
For more information on any of the above positions, please email email@example.com.