Current Opportunities for Graduates and Students
Start your career at Australia’s Best Place to Work.. Meet and interview with Atlassian on campus!
Atlassian unlocks the potential in every team. Our products help teams collaborate, build software and serve their customers better. Our products including JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, Bitbucket and Stash are used by nearly 43,000 large and small organizations – including Citigroup, eBay, Coca-Cola, BMW and NASA.
Innovation at Atlassian begins with finding the best young talent to help solve real-world problems. Want the freedom to be innovative with the time and resources to make them a reality? In just your first week at Atlassian you will get trained by our best at HackHouse, participate in ShipIt, stretch your innovation muscles, dream up and build new features that can be shipped straight into our products that support millions of users worldwide – and this is just the beginning.
From gaining deep technical knowledge about product development to quarterly Gradlassian parties, your opportunities for work and play at Atlassian are endless. We guarantee you’ll never be bored! Rest assured, we know it's a big step to move to Sydney, so we'll assist with your relocation, and even throw in a few "welcome" perks.
Apply now to be interviewed for our Graduate Developer Program
We'll be on campus at the University of Waikato on Friday 1st May 2015 to conduct face-to-face interviews for our 2016 Graduate Developer Program. If you're ready to become part of our team, we want to meet you! If you'd like the opportunity to be interviewed by Atlassian during our trip, then please apply here by 19 April 2015. Interview spots are limited though, so don't wait too long!
Find out more at atlassian.com/graduates
Interested in other grad opportunities?
No problems, we've got you covered with a number of other graduate opportunities. You can find more information at atlassian.com/graduates
Meet us on campus!
We're hosting a casual presentation, and meet and greet session on campus on Friday 1st May from 12:00pm - 1:00pm in MSB.1.02. Come and have some pizza with us.. we look forward to meeting you there!
See you on the road!
Teaching opportunities through Protocol Education
About to qualify? Not sure what's next? Why not head to the UK, for some great travelling, and teaching experience. We are the one of the largest education recruitment companies in England, and are known for having the best support! We are a free service and find daily or long term work for early childhood, primary, secondary and special needs teachers, as well as classroom assistants. And even better, the UK are experiencing a shortage of teachers, so it's very realistic you could get a job arranged before you go! Plus up to one year of overseas experience can count towards your NZ registration.
Whether you are looking to further your career by teaching in a different environment or you are looking to teach in England to fund your travels around Europe we can help to keep you in front of the chalk board.
Want to find out more? Come and meet us at the Ibis Hotel in Hamilton on Wednesday 29th April at 5pm for a free information session. Numbers are limited, and bookings are essential, call today 0800 857 774 or email email@example.com to reserve your place.
JUNIOR CO-ORDINATOR’S REQUIRED
Hamilton City Netball Centre (HCNC) is pleased to be able to deliver in 2015
Netball New Zealand’s Junior Netball Programme for Year 1 & 2 in Term 2
on Wednesday’s 4.00 – 4.45pm.
Junior Netball is a modified version of the game and is focused on allowing children to experience personal achievements. It will enable the children to:
- Have FUN
- Develop sound fundamental Netball skills
- Participate in a safe learning environment
- Play with their friends and meet others
- Be active
- Have a Lifelong Love of Netball
(Resource: NNZ Junior Netball 2014 Operational Manual)
In order for this programme to be successfully delivered we require Junior Co-ordinator’s
A Junior Co-ordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate and deliver the skill development component of the day
- Organise Parent Helpers
- Lead the warm-up, skill activities and assist with the modified game (4v4)
- Provide support and encouragement to the children and parent helpers
- Have Fun, be enthusiastic and smile when you see their improvements knowing you played a part in making that happen
Full training and support will be provided.
If you have passion, drive, patience and love of the game at any level and would like to be involved with this new programme as a Junior Co-Ordinator please contact
Andrea Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 8474007.
Beca gives you more options
Considering your future employment options after graduation?
If you're part of the next generation at Beca, you'll be continually presented with all kinds of opportunities that combine to create the career you want to have.
We're looking for well-rounded engineering graduates who have a knack for problem solving and a 'can do' attitude. Our career development philosophy simple - at Beca you own your career. We have everything set up so that you can drive your own success within a positive and supportive environment.
Information Presentation: Find out more about careers at Beca on Thursday 26 March at 5 pm in Room S1.05. Our grads and managers will be on campus to answer your questions.
Applications for graduate jobs at Beca open 16 March and will close on 10 April.
For more details and to apply visit www.becagraduates.com
Junior Crown Prosecutor Position Wellington
(Commencing March/April 2016)
Luke Cunningham Clere, is a medium sized law firm specialising in litigation. Our core focus, as the Office of the Crown Solicitor, is to prosecute all serious crime in the wider Wellington region. In addition we provide enforcement, public law, professional discipline and litigation legal services to a wide range of mainly public service organisations. You will find out more about us by visiting our website at www.lcc.co.nz.
We have an excellent team culture, and a unique environment in which those with an interest in litigation can progress under the guidance of some of Wellington's most experienced advocates. No other firm in Wellington can offer the hands-on advocacy experience we do.
We are looking for a graduate, who will have been admitted to the bar, with a passion for advocacy to join our team. This role will provide you with the opportunity to work across our client base.
This role primarily involves:
- Preparing files for trial in the District and High Courts;
- Regularly appearing in court;
- Acting as junior counsel with experienced advocates;
- Drafting opinions and
We value the following qualities in our colleagues:
- Academic ability
- A sound work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A practical, can-do attitude;
- The ability to relate well to a wide range of people;
- The ability to work efficiently, and to tight time-frames;
- A sense of humour.
If you are interested, please send your CV, a cover letter and a copy of your academic transcript by 12 April 2015 to:
Email: email@example.com or by post: Luke Cunningham Clere
PO Box 10-357
Audit and Assurance Services Graduate – February/March 2015
Everyone these days talks about achieving good work-life balance, but what does it really mean? It's not just a matter of dividing up the hours in the week, it's about knowing who you are and what's important to you - and keeping it all in perspective.
Staples Rodway is New Zealand's largest independent accounting network. The success of our business is based on innovative thinking, the opportunity for professional growth, high-calibre people and access to worldwide resources through the Baker Tilly International Group.
At Staples Rodway we have all the benefits of a national brand, combined with the professional and long-standing reputation of 60 years as a CA practice based in the beautiful Waikato region. We are a growing organisation with 6 Directors and over 50 skilled team members who take pride in the fact that our exceptional work culture and values are reflected in the way we go about our business and the work that we do for our clients.
We are looking for an Audit and Assurance Services Graduate to join our dynamic Hamilton team of professionals in February/March 2015.
To be successful in this position you will:
- Possess individuality, personality and the confidence to think outside the square
- Have a strong drive to build a successful career within the CA environment
- Meet the NZICA requirements by March 2015 so you are ready to start your CA career path
- Have proven strong communication skills in both written and verbally
In return for the above, you will receive a great remuneration package, and you will have the opportunity to work within a challenging firm with like minded professionals who have a strong desire to succeed, but also have some perspective in the bigger picture. You'll participate in a training schedule tailored to your needs, including national induction and national Audit and Assurance Services training.
To submit your application, or for further information about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to enclose your CV, cover letter and academic transcript.
APPLY NOW as we will be reviewing applications as they are received.
International Volunteer HQ
International Volunteer HQ (IVHQ) provides safe and affordable international volunteering opportunities for student travelers. Having placed more than 42,000 volunteers abroad since 2007 we’re the experts and the global leader in volunteer travel. We’re trusted by over 13,000 volunteers every year.
If you’re looking for an alternative break, or for an opportunity to travel with purpose, we have program that’s right to you. IVHQ volunteers make a lasting contribution to community-based projects throughout the world and we offer a choice of more than 30 locations across Africa, Asia, Central and South America, Europe and the Pacific.
Our programs operate throughout the year and can be arranged around to fit a student schedule, and you can choose to volunteer with us for anything from 2 weeks to 6 months at a time. You can also choose to gain course credits or achieve course requirements and international volunteering is an experience which appeals to many prospective employers.
With a wide range of different opportunities in each location, you can choose to volunteer on projects such as Teaching, Childcare, Community Development, Medical, Construction, Environmental Advocacy and Wildlife Conservation. All of our programs include accommodation, meals and comprehensive support and guidance from our local teams.
Daily tasks typically include 3 - 5 hours of volunteer work, and students have weekends and evenings free to experience local culture and to explore their chosen location. Program fees start from as little as $250.
For more information or to apply today, visit www.volunteerhq.org
Teaching Interviews being held in April
Would you like to teach in the UK in 2015 / 2016?
For over 10 years Academics Ltd have been placing graduate and experienced teachers into government, independent and grammar schools across London and Greater UK.
We are currently searching for qualified Primary, Secondary and Special Needs Teachers who are keen and eager to begin teaching in the UK from April 2015.
UK Principals Visiting Australia and New Zealand in April
UK Principals will be visiting Australia and New Zealand to interview teachers for work commencing in April or September 2015, in the following locations:
|7th and 8th April||9th and 10th April||11th and 12th April||14th and 15th April|
Open to both experienced and newly qualified teachers, this is an opportunity and experience not to be missed. Secure your teaching future for 2015 and beyond!
If you are unavailable on these dates but are still keen to gain valuable teaching experience in the UK, please contact us to discuss your options.
Fantastic Incentives for all Teachers!
- Refund of your flight to London up to the value of A$900.
- Return flight home up to the value of A$1,800.
- Two nights'; free accommodation on your arrival in the UK.
- UK Bank Account.
- UK Police Check and UK QTS Application.
- Free PAYG Mobile Phone with £10 credit.
Wait no longer, please forward an updated CV to email@example.com or contact us on +613 9583 9612
Don't forget to like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/academicsint to get the latest news and job updates!
For a taste of the roles currently on offer, visit our website at www.academicsltd.com.au or download our FREE Mobile Phone App, available now on iOS and Android.
CPA Australia is seeking motivated, career-focused accounting students for Student Ambassador positions for 2015 at Waikato University.
CPA Australia is one of the world’s largest Accounting bodies, with 154,000 members globally, 19 offices around the world, and members working in 121 countries. We are experiencing rapid growth in New Zealand with employers such as KPMG, Deloitte, PwC, Inland Revenue and more becoming CPA Recognised Employer Partners here in NZ.
The CPA Australia Student Ambassador Program is designed to support and empower students to share information relating to CPA Australia, professional membership and careers in accounting, finance and business within their peer networks. Can you commit up to 1 hour per week across Semester 1 and 2 2015 to promote CPA Australia's global student network and assist in raising the profile of CPA Australia on campus?
Undertaking tasks and showing leadership outside day-to-day studies does add real value to your CV when employers are looking for candidates with that “x” factor.
Activities will include:
• Supporting any CPA on-campus activities
• Presentations to fellow students in lectures and tutorials
• Liaising with faculty, careers staff and student associations
• Provide ideas and feedback to CPA Australia to further promote the program
• Reporting on activities back to CPA Australia
In recognition of your time and commitment, you will receive the following key benefits:
• Full training from CPA Australia
• Certificate and letter of reference for your CV
• Opportunity to be part of a global organisation
• Network with like-minded peers
To apply, please email a CV and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Automation Engineer
Apply to: Blair Prescott – email@example.com
We are looking to hire a graduate engineer to grow our small Hamilton based branch. The position of Junior Automation Engineer will require you to work with one of our Senior Automation Engineers on their projects. This involves the following:
- Process/Machine Control design based on Process & Instrumentation Drawings
- Preparation of Functional Descriptions and Equipment Lists
- PLC Programming and HMI/SCADA Screen Building and Interface Design
- Software Simulations and Factory Operator Training on new systems
- Installation and Commissioning of Control Systems on our customers' sites.
- Assistance with other office tasks
The majority of the projects will require regular travelling for site visits, design meetings/discussions and system installation and commissioning.
We are looking for someone who is serious about a career in automation who wants to grow quickly within a small dynamic branch of a larger company. Opportunities may also be available for relocation to assist other Tamaki Control branches.
We are looking for a graduate in the field of Electrical, Electronic, Software or Mechatronics Engineering (or similar). On the job training will be provided however to be a successful candidate you will need:
- Excellent maths, science, technology and IT skills
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- The ability to analyse complex problems and assess possible solutions
- Strong decision-making skills
- Effective self-management and planning skills
- Understanding of programming principles
- Good team-working and people skills
- Be enthusiastic, honest and reliable
- Have the ability to learn and pick up new ideas quickly
- Be able and willing to travel to our customers' sites - Car and driver's license required
Tamaki Control was founded in Auckland, New Zealand in 1988 by Derek Turnbull. Derek had been working for a range of different industries overseas and returned to New Zealand with a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm to create Tamaki Control Ltd. Since New Zealand is very much an agricultural country, many of the early end-customers were in food processing – especially dairy.
During the 1990′s more staff joined Derek, and by the early 2000s we were a small version of what we still are – a group of engineers who enjoy working together using DCS or PLC/HMI to automate any process, anywhere in the world, for whoever may wish to engage us.
Since its founding with Derek, Tamaki has grown in employee numbers and offices with branches in New Zealand (Auckland and Hamilton), USA (Idaho and New Mexico) and the United Kingdom which also covers Ireland and Europe. All branches employ both local and New Zealand staff.
We work in a wide range of industries from food processing and manufacturing to power generation and water and waste water treatment using many different control systems and technologies. Regardless of the Process or the System, what remains the same is our belief in quality automation, service and support. Our solutions are not only based on our own knowledge and experience but also on those of the user.
More information on our philosophy and methodology can be found on our website.
Are you a Graduating Teacher who is excited about the opportunity to travel in Europe?
Earn while you have fun travelling and experiencing Europe!
VIBE have been supporting Central London Schools and Teachers since 2001. We are committed to placing our Teachers in excellent schools that offer support and a friendly teaching experience- we are Teachers placing other Teachers. We understand your needs and we will never send you somewhere we wouldn't teach ourselves!
At Vibe, we are always looking for Teachers with a positive and proactive attitude, who are ready to take on a range of full time positions and day to day Supply.
If you are keen to find out more about this position, please email your CV and a contact number to Vibe ASAP!
We offer a great daily rate, ongoing support and cracking parties!
Vibe Teacher Recruitment...Inspiring Better Education!
Phone: 020 369 65000
Or go to our Facebook page
Tetra Pak works closely with our customers and suppliers to provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. With over 23,000 employees based in over 85 countries, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. Our motto, "PROTECTS WHAT'S GOOD™," reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Account Manager to be based in our Hamilton office. As a recent graduate, you will be guided by a strong, experienced mentor and you will be responsible for achieving the best outcomes for Tetra Pak and its customers. The Key Account Management team is responsible for the complete relationship and business outcome, including net sales growth and profitability, across the range of Tetra Pak products.
Initially, this position will focus on utilizing your strong analytical skills in supporting the Key Account Management team but as your business skills develop, you will become accountable for the following:
- Managing all aspects of customer management as per the Tetra Pak sales management processes.
- Formulating packaging material and packaging line equipment sales targets
- Meeting packaging material and packaging line equipment sales targets.
- Creating and delivering capital equipment quotations to customers in a timely manner in accordance with the Tetra Pak Oceania business flow process.
- Ensuring contact is maintained on an appropriate basis with all customer/non-customer sites.
- Coordinating customer rolling forecasts each month by close interaction with the Supply Chain department and relevant customer contact.
- Following up on accounts receivable as appropriate
- Managing contracts with allocated customers
- Creating and delivering capital equipment quotations to customers in a timely manner in accordance with the required processes.
- Ensuring efficient operation of plant and equipment by liaising with Tetra Pak Technical Department and customer operational people.
- Building relationship structure with the senior management of the designated customers.
- Escalating/communicating major customers issues swiftly to the management team
Ideally, you will be a recent Engineering graduate who has a keen interest in pursuing a business related career. You may have already started, completed or have an interest in pursuing a business qualification.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who is results driven and able to work autonomously. You will possess strong relationship building and selling skills and the ability to network within the local and global organization. Most important is your desire to learn and your determination.
Regional and national travel is an integral part of this role hence flexibility and exceptional time management are prerequisites.
In return we offer a competitive salary package, training, and a professional work environment along with excellent long-term career prospects in a highly successful global business.
If you meet the above criteria, possess an adventurous nature that exhibits through your great networking skills then please apply directly via the Careers section on the Tetra Pak global website ref no HAM00001V attaching a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the essential criteria.
Tetra Pak is an Equal Opportunity Employer
MARKETING AND STRATEGY MANAGER
Our Marketing and Strategy Manager will be responsible for driving organic growth for the GDC Group (www.gdcgroup.co.nz) (GDC) operation globally and reporting directly to the Managing Director for GDC Group of companies, you will assist in defining our positioning in the market, and develop market/relationship plans and strategies to support this. You will be Working closely with the office managers/team leaders and identify market and client opportunities, construct localised value propositions and service offerings. Provide advice on best use of GDC resources, in order to execute our local marketing strategy. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, who is comfortable operating within a competitive environment, with the ability to drive marketing initiatives to achieve business results. You will build strong relationships with all potential/ongoing clients and agencies, in order to develop and execute our marketing strategy. You must also be able to Influence key stakeholders to effectively use strategic marketing tools, in order to achieve the objectives of our business.
- Create and execute market strategy and a plan. Define demand generation initiatives to bring
- GDC’s service offerings to market.
- Business Planning - contribute to and support the development of the GDC business plan, from client needs analysis through to the development of the marketing plan
- Strategic Marketing best practices - serve as the key promoter and educator of our market framework including client-based marketing best practices
- Market Research/Tenders and Analysis - conduct market research, identify opportunities, understand the competitive landscape, and deliver market insight
- Localised Service Offerings - recommend unique service offerings and solutions relevant to GDC’s target market
- Serve as the local contact for all marketing services across the offices. These include marketing frameworks and best practices
- Participate or initiate staff in meeting/attending business and technical forums and sessions
- Develop and update company marketing documentation such as website, flyers, brochures and tender submissions
- Maintain ISO accreditation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in market research, strategic marketing, business development, and/or consulting experience
- The ability to quickly evaluate business trends, market dynamics, and client issues, and identify relevant responses
- A demonstrable track record of developing and executing marketing strategies and plans which have contributed to business success
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to operate effectively in a highly competitive environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
The successful candidate can be based in either Hamilton or Auckland.
All applications to be sent to Rotorua@gdcgroup.co.nz
TRAINEE MANAGER – FARM & LIVESTOCK SERVICES
- Kick start your career in a NZ organisation with global reach
- Management development programme
- Excellent career progression
AsureQuality are global experts in Food Safety and Quality. Together we build and protect consumer confidence. AsureQuality is a 1700 plus strong team and we bring together a wealth of integrated skills and expertise plus incomparable commitment and service to the food and agricultural sectors. Strong leadership and a strategic commitment to investment in facilities, technology and people ensure we remain a leader in our field.
Essential to the success of our company is the availability of first class management staff that can deliver on key project management requirements and step into the breach and assume control of both people and process management. Key to this is the ability to assimilate information to make quick and accurate decisions and create practical solutions to problems. The scope of the Trainee Manager role is broad and varied and we will work to your strengths, but to be successful you will need the following:
- A keen interest in farming
- An Agricultural Science or Business degree
- Have achieved a high standard of academic success both in grades and scope of achievements
- Common sense and the ability to think on your feet
- Be an energetic people person
- Be highly capable and hardworking, constantly delivering on key objectives
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Confidence in your own abilities
- Eager to jump start your career in operations management
If you strive on working in a structured business, using a disciplined approach to problem solving, and can demonstrate an ability to be a thinker, as well as a doer, then we would like to hear from you! If you would like to utilise your skills, grow your career and work with world leading experts then please apply below.
To find out about all our current career opportunities please visit:
JUNIOR OR INTERMEDIATE C# ASP.NET WEB DEVELOPER REQUIRED
An opportunity exists for a C# Junior or Intermediate ASP.NET Web Developer to work in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are a small but successfully growing NZ based company with global customers and a solid reputation looking for an ASP.NET Developer to join our team.
This role will encompass not only hands-on development, but also architecture & design, process development and ensuring that deliverables are met to the highest standards. In return, you will be part of a team of experienced Solution Architects and Technical Experts as well as continuing to gain exposure to the latest in cutting edge technologies.
In this position you will be a software developer primarily working on our solution. We run a Microsoft SQL backbone with applications written in C#, MVC4.0, Silverlight, and .NET. In addition, we have a strong focus on Unit Testing and quality control. High levels of communication skills are essential.
Key Accountability Areas:
- Deliver high quality output both in terms of code reliability/architecture as well as visually appealing output
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to produce high performance/optimised code and TSQL queries
- To champion continuous improvement of our product
- Design, architect and implement high performing solutions within a team environment
- Provide recommendations to other projects within the business
- Keep up to date with changes in our target markets
- Maintaining product integrity through the SDLC
Person Specific - Experience:
- Outstanding technical programming proficiencies
- Excellent communication and presentation
Also we will highly regard candidates with:
- University Graduate (preferred)
- CF/Silverlight, ASP.NET, C#, MVC or TSQL experience
- Strong written and verbal referees
- An ability to transform business requirements into solutions
Attributes and Skills:
- Great problem solving and design skills
- Attention to detail and desire to be the best
- Highly motivated and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to develop long term client relationships of all sizes and industries
- Success oriented. Goal orientated. To be the best
Please send your CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses and applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
TEACHING IN ENGLAND ... A DIFFERENT APPROACH
How are we different?
- We are committed to giving a proportion of profits to non profit making organisations and charitable causes linked to children and Education
- We pay teachers more and charge schools less because we keep costs to a minimum
- We make no charges to you for any of our services
- We are an independent family-run business built through recommendation
- We have over 40 years’ experience teaching, leading and inspecting schools.
- Our interview may be longer because key to our service is knowing you as an individual
- We will never pressurise you to take a job, the choice is always yours
- We offer a personal service tailored to your needs
- We offer practical guidance before, during and after your time with us
- We can offer high quality professional advice because we have current and relevant experience in schools
- We offer pastoral support and regular social events
- We aim to leave you with wonderful memories that last a life time
- Helping you to get the right job for you is a first and only priority
- We will acknowledge any contact within 24 hours
- We will respond to any questions you ask us within 48 hours
- Anything you ask we will answer accurately and in plain English
- We will always be honest and open
- We will always give you the help and advice you ask for
- We will be with you every step of the way, from advice with the documents you need to work in the UK, to helping you get set up when you arrive, to helping you when you leave
- Our aim is that you have a wonderful experience, both professionally and personally, and leave with memories to last a life time
- We believe what is morally and ethically right is commercially right
- We give impartial advice so you can make your own choices
- We always go ‘the extra mile’ to get it right
- Our strong track record means our clients know they can put their trust in us
- With over 20 years’ experience in recruiting, we have the ‘know how’ to match each teacher to the right job
- We get to know our teacher clients so we can fully meet their needs.
Located minutes from Napier & Hastings, The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is a world class lodge that comprises 28 luxury guest suites, a 6000 acre working farm and the No.22 ranked golf course in the world.
We have opportunities available for experienced Food & Beverage people to join our staff on a Full Time, Part Time or Casual basis
You will work alongside one of the most professional Food & Beverage teams in the country and be exposed to a wide range of food styles from our daily changing menu. We are a Relais & Chateaux property and one of only 3 restaurants in the country that is currently awarded with Wine Spectators ‘Best of Award of Excellence’.
Experience, attention to detail, great organisational skills, a strong work ethic and positive attitude will be the key to unlocking these exciting positions.
The roles are available now and you will need the have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and a current photograph of yourself to:
2014 Callaghan Innovation R&D Career Grant BEC2050
The BusinessNZ Energy Council (BEC) is a group of organisations taking a leading role in creating a sustainable energy future for New Zealand. BEC is a member of the BusinessNZ family NZ's peak business body delivering advice to and advocacy on behalf of its members.
BEC is undertaking a major project to develop scenarios of New Zealand’s “energy future” to 2050. Primarily, they intend to do this through a novel scenario modelling approach, leveraging the World Energy Council’s (WEC) work in this area World Energy Scenarios: Composing energy futures to 2050. As part of this, BEC will partner with a world-leading modelling organisation, the Paul Scherrer Institute, based in Geneva, Switzerland.
CRL Energy Limited is a commercial research and consultancy company with a focus on energy technologies and environmental issues. We have close links with government, industry, a variety of national and international clients and a well-established reputation for carrying out high quality research and consultancy. CRL Energy’s Technology Group is a research and consulting team with experience in a wide range of energy systems.
CRL Energy is proposing to appoint, for a 6 month term, a Postgraduate Research intern to work with BEC on the BEC 2050 Energy Scenarios project.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in world-leading research; help shape New Zealand’s energy future; and embark on a career in energy research or in the energy sector.
Ideally, the role would suit someone just completing a post graduate qualification. The role will provide you with many challenges and opportunities for personal growth. You will be based at our Lower Hutt offices on the Gracefield Science Park, but will also have the opportunity to work out of a Wellington CBD location.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- A keen interest in New Zealand’s energy future
- An energy-related post-graduate science, engineering or business qualification.
- A high-level awareness of the energy industry and energy technologies.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills, and a high degree of autonomy and motivation
- A passion to lead and to grow.
A stipend of $30,000 will be paid for the 6 month appointment.
The candidate will work closely with and be mentored by BusinessNZ Energy Council and Sapere Research Group who are project-managing BEC2050. The intern will also work with MBIE, EECA, MfE and the 16 energy industry partners who are funding the project.
Enquiries to, and job description available from: Dr R S Whitney email@example.com
Chairman - BusinessNZ Energy Council
Chief Science Advisor - CRL Energy Ltd and Coal Association NZ
Or phone Stephen Batstone BEC 2050 project manager on +64 (27) 225 1983
Join EY and create your future.
Creative and inspired, you could become a future leader. Become an EY graduate and transition from student to problem-solver and trusted advisor.
Starting your career with EY is your opportunity to be part of our exciting and supportive environment. From entrepreneurial start-ups to multinationals, we’ll guide you on how to help our clients manage risk, address issues and capitalise on opportunities. And, we’ll give you exposure to some of the largest clients and most interesting projects, both locally and globally.
As a graduate with EY you’ll be able to add value to your clients and shape your career as a professional. With early responsibility and the support and training to grow, you’ll build the confidence to pursue your goals. Exposed to a wide-range of clients, you can expect to develop your networks, collaborate with specialists, learn from mentors and even study for postgraduate qualifications.
Advisory (IT) Graduates
Our Auckland and Wellington Graduate Programme will commence in March 2015.
We’re looking for…
• Students in information systems, information technology or computer science.
To be successful in the application process, you’ll need to be highly motivated with a genuine interest in working with clients to handle complex issues and resolve challenges. You’re team focused with strong analytical skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You’ll work with clients as soon as you start so you'll also need to be a confident communicator and passionate about client service excellence.
Information on our Advisory service line can be found at www.ey.com/nz/en/Careers/Students
To apply for our Graduate Program, you are required to be:
• In the final year of your degree or as a graduate, within 18 months from your graduation date at the time of application
• A New Zealand or Australian citizen or a New Zealand permanent resident. International students should refer to our criteria at www.ey.com/nz/careers/intl before applying.
Join EY and create your future. Apply now!
Apply online at http://www.ey.com/NZ/en/Careers/Students/Apply-here. Complete the application form and attach a copy of your academic transcript.
Successful applicants will be required to provide original academic transcripts and proof of citizenship and current permanent residency status.
The Ultimate Paid Canadian Adventure
Premium Overseas Experiences
Hunting - Horses - Guiding - Agriculture
Ultimate OE provides the opportunity to work in some of the most amazing locations in Canada. We work closely with our employers to ensure all applicants are involved in the very best of overseas work experiences, be it working in the Canadian hunting industry, agricultural work (tractor driving or work as a cowboy), horse trekking (wrangling or guiding) or skiing. As part of the program you are guaranteed a paid employment opportunity, meals, accommodation and the experience of a lifetime.
Your motivation for the program should be an interest in the particular choice of work (hunting, guiding or horses), love for the outdoors, challenges and new experiences. The program can be seen as either a “GAP year” type opportunity or a stepping stone into a chosen industry.
Ultimate OE has secured these paid employment opportunities based on our applicants being partially trained in the specifics relating to the job requirements. Both Matt and Kuran spend time with all applicants teaching the majority of the content and framework, this time allows us to best align the employee with an employer. Additional to this teaching Ultimate OE subcontracts specialist instructors, allowing NZQA accreditation to specific portions of the training.
Teaching units relating to all programs include, Canadian administration, Canadian flora and fauna, employee / employer expectations, job roles, cooking and cleaning for large groups, predator awareness and prevention, chainsaw **, ATV**, first aid**, work place health and safety**, customer interaction, wellbeing and personal safety, horse packing, horsemanship, gratuities, photography/videography. Additional to these units, each course has additional topics specifically related to the industry. ** Signifies NZQA accredited teaching units.
- Additional hunting units - Skinning, trophy preparation, trophy judging, hunting restrictions and game laws, hunting Canadian game animals, firearm safety, floatplane safety, (a greater emphasis on predator prevention)
- Additional Horse Trekking (Equine) units – Essential horse care and first aid, client safety, horse safety, trail guiding expectations, trail lead experience (time spent riding and leading in western tack), the Canadian guest ranching industry.
Placement length varies dependent on roles, generally they are between 3 and 5 months, there is the opportunity to add placements together, equating to a longer work period (please note, these are limited in numbers and carry an additional cost), these specifics should be discussed with your Ultimate OE contact.
For further information visit www.ultimateoe.co.nz.
Please feel free to contact Kuran and Matt by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +64 22 697 6007.
Would you like to teach in the UK?
If so The Education Network can help you. We have many long term teaching positions available for Early Years Teachers, Primary Teachers and Secondary Teacher starting in both September 2014 and January 2015.
We can support you:
We will be able to help you every step of the way in coming to the UK. You will have a point of contact from day one both in the UK and at home - we will be able to give you advice and guidance on travel and accommodation. Best of all we will do our best to get you interviewing on Skype whilst you are still in NZ, we aim at getting you pre-placed at a supportive, well run good quality school before you even arrive!
Benefits of working through us:
- Pay: we are one of the best payers for temporary teachers in the UK, for example teachers in London can expect to earn $260-$300 per day.
- Support: as outlined above, we will support you every step of the way and have NZ and UK based staff.
- Free UK police check (DBS)
- Get interviewed before you arrive, get a long term placement, no day to day supply.
- Excellent fringe benefits through our pay rolling partner, reduce your tax burden and expenses whilst saving money on shopping, travel and nights out!
Who are we?
The Education Network was founded in 1993 and is part of the Pertemps Network Group, one of the biggest recruitment companies in the UK. Over the last 20 years we have developed an unrivalled reputation as a high quality, responsive education recruitment specialist, dedicated to providing a personalised service to our clients and candidates. You will get the benefit of working for a big company but the service of a boutique firm. We cover the whole of the UK, but currently we have very high demand for teachers in London.
What to do next?
Get in contact! We would love to hear from you!
Email your up-to-date CV to us today on email@example.com and we will get right back to you!
The Education Network
Tel: +44 020 8549 2726
Address: The Education Network, Surrey House, 34 Eden Street, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1ER
Teach English in Korea
TESLJOBKOREA is an agency with more than 16 years’ of professional experience in running ESL language schools and with recruiting expertise which provides a unique and unbeatable service to teachers and hiring schools.
We have positions available in locations across Korea.
- Salary: 2.1M-2.8M won (US$1,820-US$2,430) which is related to your qualifications and English teaching experience.
- Severance pay: (1 month salary) on completion of contract.
- Contract period: Minimum 12 months, and extension if desired.
- Target students: Kindergarten to High school (age group: 5 - 16) or Adults
- Work hours: 25-30 hours of teaching / week
- Housing: FREE furnished living accommodation provided by school (within walking distance of school)
- Air Ticket: sponsored by hiring school (one way ticket and another ticket on completion of contract)
- Vacation: 5-10 days paid vacation and 10 days of national holidays.
- Medical Insurance: employer pays 50%, teacher pays 50%
- Visa is sponsored by employer
- Very low income tax
- Living costs are much cheaper than New Zealand.
- Native English speakers (i.e. UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand)
- At least Bachelor degree required (any major)
- No ESL teaching experience required
- TESL/TEFL certificate preferred but not required
- Accountable and proactive spirit at work preferred
HOW TO APPLY?
It’s very easy to find a teaching job through us since we have an extensive client list. We will work with you all the way from matching your desired school to helping you get a working VISA to arranging travel to Korea to finally getting you settled at your client school.
Just sit back and relax. We will take care of most of the administrative process.
E-mail us the following documents and info:
- Resume (Attach by Microsoft Word file)
- Most recent digital picture (Attach by JPEG)
- Available start date
- Contact info and your current location
- Desired destination city in South Korea and any student preferences (e.g. Kindergarten, High School)
The above information will be critical to match the best school for you.
T: 07 854 0301
M: 027 250 2011
94 Rototuna Road
Teach London is a branch of Teach Now, a well-established educational recruitment company. We are now expanding to specialise in finding teaching posts in London for overseas teachers, building on our immense success over the last five years in the UK jobs market.
- Free Visa (Tier 5)
- Free Flight
- Free Pick Up from the Airport
- Guaranteed Accommodation
- Free London Training Programme
- Guaranteed Pay
- Job Placement
- Teacher Mentor
We have organised a full induction programme and offer fantastic pastoral support to overseas teachers coming to the UK through Teach London. We hope you will be interested in combining your professional development with the opportunity to explore and be enriched by the United Kingdom and Europe.
We would welcome the opportunity to make teaching in London a reality for you!
For more information contact:
Where Could an Officer Career Lead You?
The New Zealand Defence Force is seeking high calibre engineering graduates to become Engineer Officers in the Navy, Army and Air Force.
A military engineering career is varied and challenging with early exposure to leadership and decision making. As our Engineers progress through their career they will manage projects and equipment acquisition, be responsible for their subordinates' welfare and professional development and deliver engineering solutions in a high tempo operational context.
We provide world class training, continued professional development throughout your career and support our people to become Chartered Professional Engineers. We offer undergraduate and graduate scholarship schemes suitable for a range of engineering specialities.
For more information visit www.defencecareers.mil.nz
Like our Facebook page to keep up-to-date with current vacancies
For more information on any of the above positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.