Current Opportunities for Graduates and Students
Permanent Full Time
Located in Canterbury
Flooding is the most common natural hazard to affect Canterbury, and a large proportion of the region’s population live on river floodplains and in areas that are at risk of localised flooding.
This job offers you the opportunity to play a key role in the management of natural hazards in Canterbury, ensuring Canterbury communities continue to develop in a flood resilient way.
To be successful in this role, you will need a solid understanding of the principles and methods involved in managing natural hazards together with knowledge of resource management legislation. The position requires you to be a proficient GIS user and practical thinker, with strong communication skills and an eye for detail. You will have a relevant degree, ideally combined with 1 – 2 years’ experience, but recent graduates will also be considered.
Closing Date: 30 August 2016
Graduate Quiz Quest
Do you have what it takes to beat a team of KPMG Partners, Directos and Managers? Sign up a team for our 2016 Quiz Night.
Date: Tuesday 6 September
Time: 5.30pm to 8.00pm
Location: MSB.1.36 and 1.37
Bar and food provided.
Sign your team up at Here
NZ Teachers needed urgently in the UK
Ever wanted to teach overseas? Now is the time!
Prospero Teaching is an award-winning education recruitment agency with offices in London and all across England and Wales. We specialise in finding short-term and long-term positions for teachers and classroom support staff and work with hundreds of Primary, Secondary, Early Childhood and Special Needs schools.
We currently have a HUGE amount of work available, in both long-term vacancies and daily supply cover. We can even offer Guaranteed Pay Contracts if you'd rather have the best of both worlds, guaranteeing five days a week of pay whilst giving you the flexibility of daily supply (equivalent to relief teaching). Our schools love Australian and New Zealand teachers, but we simply need more to meet the enormous demand.
We are looking for future, and recent, teaching graduates interested in working in a full-time capacity. Successful candidates will have access to a host of webinars and free accredited professional development courses that will prepare candidates for the task of teaching in the UK. Currently, NZ teachers can complete one of their two years teaching registration in the UK (conditions apply)
As an overseas-trained professional, you will have your own dedicated consultant from our International Team guide you through the process of moving to the UK, including providing assistance with setting up bank accounts, finding accommodation, applying for visas, and gaining all the paperwork you need to be able to begin working as soon as possible. Most importantly, our service is free to you as a candidate.
Prospero Teaching can offer excellent rates of pay that will enable you to enjoy your time living in the UK and exploring Europe. Our regular social events will also enable you to meet other Australian and New Zealand teachers.
Application close: 15th-November-2016
Start date: Ongoing roles available from January 2017
Contract Hours: Full Time
Remuneration/ Pay rate: $280-360 per day
Location: London, Manchester, Chelmsford, Cardiff, Leeds, Bristol, Essex, Birmingham, Southampton
To apply, or even to have informal chat about the process, please contact Patrick Kearns – based in our NZ office - by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org; or calling 021 27 TEACH.
HR Graduate – Toll Networks, Auckland
Toll is New Zealand's most successful multimodal supply chain operator, offering our customers superior service in freight forwarding and logistics solutions.
We currently have a vacancy in our Human Resources team for a passionate and effective HR Assistant.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner your primary function will be to provide support to the HR team and wider business, but you’ll thrive in this small team environment where you will be involved with everything from employment agreements, reporting, recruitment, low level employment relations advice and will be a key contributor on HR projects. There is plenty of opportunity for those who seek a challenging and diverse role in a fast paced environment, where rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in is a pre-requisite.
You will either need some solid experience in a similar role, or have recently finished a tertiary qualification in HR with some previous HR exposure. This role will be best suited to someone who is keen to learn a lot, be pro-active and can build effective working relationships. You will be intermediate to advanced in Microsoft Office and will have a solid knowledge of employment legislation.
If you are interested in joining our team and believe you have the skills and enthusiasm for this role, please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Go to https://careers.tollnz.co.nz/home enter Job Code : 25744
Tearfund NZ - Internship
Tearfund are looking for five passionate leaders in each University across New Zealand to be Village Leaders. Village leaders will be creating and leading a team, with the aim of raising $5000 as a unit. On top of this, they’ll receive training from Tearfund, a reference and another great point to pop on their CV, as well as the opportunity to contribute to tangible change.
Interested students should send their CV to Melody at email@example.com, and answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a Village Leader for Tearfund and Live Below the Line?
- What strengths and past experiences will make you a great Village Leader?
For more details visit the Tearfund website
EY - Career Compass Programme
Are you interested in discovering a new direction and taking the plunge? Kick start your career and learn more about yourself, develop your interpersonal skills and make informed decisions about your future.
EY will provide you with opportunities to gain skills that will help you grow from a student to a professional. Not only do you learn about our organisation, you get to network with peers and professionals sharing your ideas and aspirations for the future.
This one day programme will be run on Wednesday 7th September 2016 in the Auckland office.
Career Compass Programme Details
Date: Wednesday 7th September 2016
Time: 10am – 5pm
Location: EY, Auckland office
Apply online at www.ey.com/nz/careers/apply by completing our application form, attaching your CV and a copy of your academic transcript. Applications close 12:00 pm, 21 August 2016.
This programme is open to first and second year university students studying all degrees and majors, not just accounting. EY are looking for students in accounting, business, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, human resources, IT/IS/Computer Science, law or science.
Teachers needed urgently in the UK!
Prospero Teaching is an award-winning education recruitment agency. Here at Prospero Teaching we are fortunate to have eight UK offices in addition to our international offices spread across Canada, and right here in Aotearoa! We specialise in finding short-term and long-term positions for NZ teachers and classroom support staff in the UK.
We currently have a HUGE amount of work available, in both long-term vacancies and daily supply cover. We can even offer Guaranteed Pay Contracts if you'd rather have the best of both worlds, guaranteeing 5 days a week of pay whilst giving you the flexibility of daily supply. Our schools love New Zealand teachers but we simply need more to meet the enormous demand.
As an overseas-trained professional, you will have your own dedicated consultant from our AUSNZ Team guide you through the process of moving to the UK, including providing assistance with setting up bank accounts, finding accommodation, applying for visas, and gaining all the paperwork you need to be able to begin working as soon as possible.
Prospero Teaching offers excellent rates of pay that will enable you to enjoy your time living in the UK and exploring Europe. Our regular social events will also enable you to meet other Australian and New Zealand teachers.
If you require any additional information about teaching in the UK, or simply would like to have an informal chat about the process please contact your friendly NZ team - lead by Manger Patrick Kearns (himself a NZ trained teacher) on:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 27TEACH
Live, Work, and Travel in this fascinating country
Opportunity China is a gateway for English teachers to find exciting and enriching teaching positions in China. Working only with trusted partner schools, we’re here to offer personalized advice and resources throughout the process, whether you’re an experienced teaching professional, a first time teacher or are taking a gap year. We have well-paid teaching jobs in China available year round, as well as Au Pair & Study, Summer Camp and Summer Mandarin Study Program.
To find out more about our job positions, partner schools and opportunities, please visit: www.opportunity-china.com
Here you will find information on the application process, and a space to upload your CV.
What are the key Chinese phrases to know to help you teach in the classroom? Keep up to date with our blog at: http://www.opportunity-china.com/blog/
DIRECT Teacher Recruitment Specialists is a Nelson company that specialises in placing Early Years, Primary and Secondary teachers of all subjects into full-time teaching posts worldwide. We recruit for UK schools and for private international schools in Asia, mainland Europe, the Middle East, South and Central America, North Africa and the Caribbean. If you are finishing your teaching degree/post-grad this summer and are looking for an opportunity abroad, we can help!
DIRECT operates differently from a conventional agency in that we only deal with direct school contracts. This means that teachers who take a job through us sign their contract directly with their new school. Teachers do not work through DIRECT, are not paid by us and do not have a financial or contractual agreement with us. Of course, there are absolutely no fees payable to DIRECT at any stage of the recruitment process – our schools pay our fees.
- Over 91% of our schools are rated ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- DIRECT recruits for schools all over England – not just the southeast
- $1000 is paid towards your flight to England (put directly into your bank account 3 weeks after you start in your new school)
- Assistance with finding accommodation and setting up a bank account and utility bills is provided
- Advice on CVs and help with interview preparation provided
Jobs in Private International Schools worldwide:
- Excellent relocation packages provided by the schools – usually including free flights, accommodation, medical insurance, VISA, utility bills, etc.
- DIRECT advises on culture of the country and helps to network with other teachers
- Advice on CVs and help with interview preparation provided
To register and receive more information please email a CV to email@example.com or call Claire Birch in Nelson on 021 335779. Teachers can also register at http://www.directtrs.com/ or visit our facebook page
Who are we?
- Kiwi Health Jobs is owned and supported by the 20 District Health Boards (DHBs) and NZ Blood Service.
- We work with the ACE graduate programmes for Nursing and First-year House Officers.
- Over 60 employers on the site including DHBs, NZ Blood Service, private providers, PHOs and many others—take a look!
- The range of roles is diverse. From allied health & technical roles to IT, management and communications—we have something for everyone.
- Positions available throughout all of New Zealand.
- Permanent, fixed term and casual roles across clinical and non-clinical workgroups.
Access to roles that don’t always get advertised on other job boards.
Start your search with us: www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Kiwi Teachers – Live & Work in London!
- Register locally in our Auckland and Hamilton office
- Secure work for the start of the UK academic year or start off in guaranteed daily supply
- Choose from a range of schools and teaching opportunities across London
Are you thinking about living and teaching in London? Keen to kick-start your career and earn great money, all whilst living the European dream?
NZ-based agency Smart Teachers is now recruiting newly qualified Kiwi teachers to fill roles in the UK across Early Years, Primary, Secondary, and Special Needs. We work closely with a range of outstanding schools throughout London and the surrounding counties, and are expertly placed to find you the perfect job in the perfect location.
Our unsurpassed service package includes:
- Full “registration to work in the UK” before leaving NZ
- 24/7 support from your personal consultant in New Zealand and UK
- Skype/Phone introduction and seamless handover to your dedicated consultant in London
- Comprehensive visa and travel advice
- Pre-departure work guarantee
- Flexible work options and weekly pay
- Free ‘Smart Start’ welcome kit upon touchdown in London
- Assistance setting up a UK Bank account and National Insurance Number
- Assistance claiming back a portion of your relocation and living costs
- Short and long term accommodation options
- Free professional development including British National Curriculum induction
- Regular social networking events
- Generous referral incentives including cash bonuses and free flights
Our Kiwi teachers feel safe and secure knowing that every little detail has been taken care of, and we promise to take care of you too. Contact Smart Teachers today to find out how you can get the smartest start in London.
International Volunteer HQ
International Volunteer HQ (IVHQ) provides safe and affordable international volunteering opportunities for student travelers. Having placed more than 42,000 volunteers abroad since 2007 we’re the experts and the global leader in volunteer travel. We’re trusted by over 13,000 volunteers every year.
If you’re looking for an alternative break, or for an opportunity to travel with purpose, we have program that’s right to you. IVHQ volunteers make a lasting contribution to community-based projects throughout the world and we offer a choice of more than 30 locations across Africa, Asia, Central and South America, Europe and the Pacific.
Our programs operate throughout the year and can be arranged around to fit a student schedule, and you can choose to volunteer with us for anything from 2 weeks to 6 months at a time. You can also choose to gain course credits or achieve course requirements and international volunteering is an experience which appeals to many prospective employers.
With a wide range of different opportunities in each location, you can choose to volunteer on projects such as Teaching, Childcare, Community Development, Medical, Construction, Environmental Advocacy and Wildlife Conservation. All of our programs include accommodation, meals and comprehensive support and guidance from our local teams.
Daily tasks typically include 3 - 5 hours of volunteer work, and students have weekends and evenings free to experience local culture and to explore their chosen location. Program fees start from as little as $250.
For more information or to apply today, visit www.volunteerhq.org
Are you a Graduating Teacher who is excited about the opportunity to travel in Europe?
Earn while you have fun travelling and experiencing Europe!
VIBE have been supporting Central London Schools and Teachers since 2001. We are committed to placing our Teachers in excellent schools that offer support and a friendly teaching experience- we are Teachers placing other Teachers. We understand your needs and we will never send you somewhere we wouldn't teach ourselves!
At Vibe, we are always looking for Teachers with a positive and proactive attitude, who are ready to take on a range of full time positions and day to day Supply.
If you are keen to find out more about this position, please email your CV and a contact number to Vibe ASAP!
We offer a great daily rate, ongoing support and cracking parties!
Vibe Teacher Recruitment...Inspiring Better Education!
Phone: 020 369 65000
Or go to our Facebook page
TEACHING IN ENGLAND ... A DIFFERENT APPROACH
How are we different?
- We are committed to giving a proportion of profits to non profit making organisations and charitable causes linked to children and Education
- We pay teachers more and charge schools less because we keep costs to a minimum
- We make no charges to you for any of our services
- We are an independent family-run business built through recommendation
- We have over 40 years’ experience teaching, leading and inspecting schools.
- Our interview may be longer because key to our service is knowing you as an individual
- We will never pressurise you to take a job, the choice is always yours
- We offer a personal service tailored to your needs
- We offer practical guidance before, during and after your time with us
- We can offer high quality professional advice because we have current and relevant experience in schools
- We offer pastoral support and regular social events
- We aim to leave you with wonderful memories that last a life time
- Helping you to get the right job for you is a first and only priority
- We will acknowledge any contact within 24 hours
- We will respond to any questions you ask us within 48 hours
- Anything you ask we will answer accurately and in plain English
- We will always be honest and open
- We will always give you the help and advice you ask for
- We will be with you every step of the way, from advice with the documents you need to work in the UK, to helping you get set up when you arrive, to helping you when you leave
- Our aim is that you have a wonderful experience, both professionally and personally, and leave with memories to last a life time
- We believe what is morally and ethically right is commercially right
- We give impartial advice so you can make your own choices
- We always go ‘the extra mile’ to get it right
- Our strong track record means our clients know they can put their trust in us
- With over 20 years’ experience in recruiting, we have the ‘know how’ to match each teacher to the right job
- We get to know our teacher clients so we can fully meet their needs.
The Ultimate Paid Canadian Adventure
Premium Overseas Experiences
Hunting - Horses - Guiding - Agriculture
Ultimate OE provides the opportunity to work in some of the most amazing locations in Canada. We work closely with our employers to ensure all applicants are involved in the very best of overseas work experiences, be it working in the Canadian hunting industry, agricultural work (tractor driving or work as a cowboy), horse trekking (wrangling or guiding) or skiing. As part of the program you are guaranteed a paid employment opportunity, meals, accommodation and the experience of a lifetime.
Your motivation for the program should be an interest in the particular choice of work (hunting, guiding or horses), love for the outdoors, challenges and new experiences. The program can be seen as either a “GAP year” type opportunity or a stepping stone into a chosen industry.
Ultimate OE has secured these paid employment opportunities based on our applicants being partially trained in the specifics relating to the job requirements. Both Matt and Kuran spend time with all applicants teaching the majority of the content and framework, this time allows us to best align the employee with an employer. Additional to this teaching Ultimate OE subcontracts specialist instructors, allowing NZQA accreditation to specific portions of the training.
Teaching units relating to all programs include, Canadian administration, Canadian flora and fauna, employee / employer expectations, job roles, cooking and cleaning for large groups, predator awareness and prevention, chainsaw **, ATV**, first aid**, work place health and safety**, customer interaction, wellbeing and personal safety, horse packing, horsemanship, gratuities, photography/videography. Additional to these units, each course has additional topics specifically related to the industry. ** Signifies NZQA accredited teaching units.
- Additional hunting units - Skinning, trophy preparation, trophy judging, hunting restrictions and game laws, hunting Canadian game animals, firearm safety, floatplane safety, (a greater emphasis on predator prevention)
- Additional Horse Trekking (Equine) units – Essential horse care and first aid, client safety, horse safety, trail guiding expectations, trail lead experience (time spent riding and leading in western tack), the Canadian guest ranching industry.
Placement length varies dependent on roles, generally they are between 3 and 5 months, there is the opportunity to add placements together, equating to a longer work period (please note, these are limited in numbers and carry an additional cost), these specifics should be discussed with your Ultimate OE contact.
For further information visit www.ultimateoe.co.nz.
Please feel free to contact Kuran and Matt by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +64 22 697 6007.
Teach English in Korea
TESLJOBKOREA is an agency with more than 16 years’ of professional experience in running ESL language schools and with recruiting expertise which provides a unique and unbeatable service to teachers and hiring schools.
We have positions available in locations across Korea.
- Salary: 2.1M-2.8M won (US$1,820-US$2,430) which is related to your qualifications and English teaching experience.
- Severance pay: (1 month salary) on completion of contract.
- Contract period: Minimum 12 months, and extension if desired.
- Target students: Kindergarten to High school (age group: 5 - 16) or Adults
- Work hours: 25-30 hours of teaching / week
- Housing: FREE furnished living accommodation provided by school (within walking distance of school)
- Air Ticket: sponsored by hiring school (one way ticket and another ticket on completion of contract)
- Vacation: 5-10 days paid vacation and 10 days of national holidays.
- Medical Insurance: employer pays 50%, teacher pays 50%
- Visa is sponsored by employer
- Very low income tax
- Living costs are much cheaper than New Zealand.
- Native English speakers (i.e. UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand)
- At least Bachelor degree required (any major)
- No ESL teaching experience required
- TESL/TEFL certificate preferred but not required
- Accountable and proactive spirit at work preferred
HOW TO APPLY?
It’s very easy to find a teaching job through us since we have an extensive client list. We will work with you all the way from matching your desired school to helping you get a working VISA to arranging travel to Korea to finally getting you settled at your client school.
Just sit back and relax. We will take care of most of the administrative process.
E-mail us the following documents and info:
- Resume (Attach by Microsoft Word file)
- Most recent digital picture (Attach by JPEG)
- Available start date
- Contact info and your current location
- Desired destination city in South Korea and any student preferences (e.g. Kindergarten, High School)
The above information will be critical to match the best school for you.
T: 07 854 0301
M: 027 250 2011
94 Rototuna Road
Teach London is a branch of Teach Now, a well-established educational recruitment company. We are now expanding to specialise in finding teaching posts in London for overseas teachers, building on our immense success over the last five years in the UK jobs market.
- Free Visa (Tier 5)
- Free Flight
- Free Pick Up from the Airport
- Guaranteed Accommodation
- Free London Training Programme
- Guaranteed Pay
- Job Placement
- Teacher Mentor
We have organised a full induction programme and offer fantastic pastoral support to overseas teachers coming to the UK through Teach London. We hope you will be interested in combining your professional development with the opportunity to explore and be enriched by the United Kingdom and Europe.
We would welcome the opportunity to make teaching in London a reality for you!
For more information contact:
Where Could an Officer Career Lead You?
The New Zealand Defence Force is seeking high calibre engineering graduates to become Engineer Officers in the Navy, Army and Air Force.
A military engineering career is varied and challenging with early exposure to leadership and decision making. As our Engineers progress through their career they will manage projects and equipment acquisition, be responsible for their subordinates' welfare and professional development and deliver engineering solutions in a high tempo operational context.
We provide world class training, continued professional development throughout your career and support our people to become Chartered Professional Engineers. We offer undergraduate and graduate scholarship schemes suitable for a range of engineering specialities.
For more information visit www.defencecareers.mil.nz
Like our Facebook page to keep up-to-date with current vacancies
For more information on any of the above positions, please email email@example.com.