Prof. Pou Temara
Professor in Te Reo & Tikanga
Tikanga Māori; whaikōrero (oratory); marae etiquette; Māori language retention; whakapapa (genealogy); karakia (chants and incantations); mau rākau (Māori weapons).
Te Kāhautu Maxwell - PhD student. Thesis title: Te Kura i Awarua: Ritual Practice and Death in the Ringatu Canon
Temara, P. (2013). Governance of universities across NZ is set to change. In Auckland, Māori TV. Retrieved from http://www.maoritelevision.com/
Temara, P. (2013). Whaikōrero - Te Irikura, Series 1 Episode 23. In Te Irikura, Series 1 Episode 23. Retrieved from http://www.maoritelevision.com/
Murphy, E., Temara, P., & Te Awekotuku, N. (2011). The title of the presentation was Fearlessness in the Face of Death. This was based on the 19th Century Wars, the New Zealand Wars and Māori psyche towards death in war and in general.. In Presented at the Death Down Under Conference in Sydney, Australia.. Conference held at Sydney, Australia 26-Jun-2011.
Nikora, L. W., Te Awekotuku, N., Rua, M., McRae, K. O., Temara, P., & Maxwell, T. K. (2011). Weeping and wailing: Māori death rituals and changes in adult crying. In Death Down Under Inaugural Conference. Conference held at The University of Sydney, Australia.
Find more research publications by Pou Temara
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Temara, Prof Pou||8528||mauriora||A.G.28||Reo|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4 or 5 can also be direct dialed:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room
+ 64 7 838 4737
Gate 8, Hillcrest Road