Review of Grade
You may apply for a review of grade if you consider that a mistake has been made in the process of calculating or determining the grade for a paper, once you have received your final results for S Semester (Summer School), A Semester, B Semester or full-year papers.
A review of grade involves a re-marking of all original items of assessment that contribute to the final grade (including the examination script, if applicable), and a re-calculation of marks. As a result of the review your grade may be left unchanged, raised or lowered.
To see if your results are final, log into MyWaikato. Go to your ‘Exams and Results’ tab, select ‘View your grades and results’, then check the status of your grades.
- ‘Provisional’ means your grades are still being confirmed.
- ‘Final’ means your grades have been confirmed and if you wish, you can apply for a review of grade.
How to apply
Applications are to be made online. If you do not have access to the internet, hard copy application forms are available from the Student Centre, The Library, University of Waikato Campus, Hillcrest Road, Hamilton, or the Maharaia Building at Windemere, Tauranga.
An application must be completed for each paper you wish to have reviewed. You must include with the application all original items of internal assessment that have been returned to you which contribute to the final grade for the relevant paper (failure to provide all internal assessment items will mean these cannot be reassessed) OR you can opt for the exam only to be reviewed.
Applications must be received no later than 14 days after receiving your final results. That is, the fourth Wednesday in March for S Semester papers, the last Monday in July for A Semester papers, and the first Monday in December for B Semester and full year papers.
There is a fee of $65.00 per paper for the review of grade. Payment options in person:
- Hamilton – Financial Services Division, Student Centre, The Library
- Tauranga – Cashiers, Information Centre at either Windermere Campus or Bongard Centre
The receipt must be handed in to the Financial Services Division, Student Centre, The Library or posted to the Assessment Office, The University of Waikato, Private Bag 3105, Hamilton 3240, or can be scanned and added to your online application.
Please note: The University does not accept Diners Club or American Express credit cards.
If your application is:
- successful and your grade changes, the fee of $65.00 will be refunded;
- unsuccessful, you may appeal to the Academic Board against the review of grade decision. The Head of Student and Academic Services must receive your appeal not more than 7 days after the date of the letter that notifies you of the result of the review of grade.
If you need help with completing the form or you need further information on applying for a review of grade, contact staff in the Assessment Office on +64 7 838 4466 extension 6722.