Fees and Costs
It's important to work out how much studying will cost you and how you will pay for study expenses like tuition fees and course-related costs, as well as your living expenses. This means you can get on with what you came to university to do and learn.
- Domestic tuition fees
- Approximate annual tuition fees and costs for domestic students enrolled in one year of full-time study.
- International tuition fees
- Approximate annual tuition fees and costs for international students enrolled in one year of full-time study.
- Sample tuition fees
- A helpful guide to calculate what your fees could be if you know which papers you are enrolling in.
- Fees Calculator
- Use the fees calculator to work out the total cost for your programme of study if you know which papers you are enrolling in.
Paying your fees
- How to pay your tuition fees
- Find out the various ways in which you can pay your fees at the University of Waikato.
- Student Loans and Student Allowances
- Domestic students can apply for Student Loans and Student Allowances offered through StudyLink.
- The University of Waikato has many scholarships available to students which can help offset the cost of studying.
- Non-tuition fees
- In addition to your tuition costs you may need to pay some non-tuition fees while you study at the University.
- Cost of living
- You will need to have sufficient money to cover your accommodation and living costs.
- Accommodation costs
- Find out what the costs are for staying at the Halls of Residence or through our Homestay accommodation service.