How to Accept and Pay Fees
At the University of Waikato, you accept your offer by paying your tuition fees. You must do this before you apply for a New Zealand student visa as you cannot enrol at the University of Waikato without a student visa. This is what we call pre-paying your tuition fees.
Once your payment has been received by the University, you will receive an official receipt that you will use in your student visa application process. Find out more about preparing to come to New Zealand, including applying for your student visa and arranging accommodation.
New Zealand domestic students.
Western Union Business Solutions payment portal
Our recommended method of payment is by online transfer using Western Union. We prefer this system because it is a faster, more reliable way for you to pay. Alternative payment options are available.
Why use Western Union?
- You will save money. There are no transfer charges from Western Union Business Solutions for this type of payment.
- It’s easy to use and you can make your payment faster and receive your receipt of payment sooner.
- You can pay in your own currency, but your full payment amount will be made in New Zealand dollars.
- Once you make the payment, the exchange rate is locked in for 72 hours, making sure that the full amount is paid.
- Western Union transfers are safe and reliable.
How to pay with Western Union Business
You can pay from your bank account with a telegraphic transfer or domestic transfer.
Log on by clicking the link below and following the steps to make your payment.
If you need help please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help can also be obtained from our Enrolment Office via email: email@example.com.
Please note: Western Union Business Solutions accounts are only for use for international transactions. If you have a New Zealand bank account and wish to transfer money within New Zealand, please see Alternative Payment Options.
Alternative Payment Options
If you cannot make payment using Western Union, alternative payment options are also available:
You can prepay your tuition fees by one of the alternative options below:
- Telegraphic transfer
- Bank draft/cheque
These options may take up to seven working days for the transaction to be tracked and receipted.
Please quote your student identification number and student details within the particulars section of the remittance advice/telegraphic transfer application so that your transfer can be easily tracked.
Please note: you will need to cover any bank fee charges associated with transferring funds. These are often approximately NZD$25.
Bank account for payment
ASB Bank Ltd
Victoria St Branch
Account name: University of Waikato
Account number: 12-3122-0084728-00
Swift No. ASBBNZ 2A
Routing No. ABA02100018
When you have completed the telegraphic transfer application you must also provide a copy of the telegraphic transfer form to the Enrolment Office, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Either visit the University campus or mail the cheque to the Enrolment Office.
- Please make payable to "University of Waikato".
- New Zealand based transactions must be made in New Zealand dollars drawn on a New Zealand bank.
- Please allow a minimum of 10 working days for the bank draft/cheque to clear so that a receipt can be issued.
International Students Pre-paid Tuition Fees Policy
View the University of Waikato's International Students Prepaid Tuition Fees Policy.
Refund of pre-paid tuition fees
There is a specific process that must be followed when applying for a refund of pre-paid tuition fees.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the Enrolment Office
Phone: +64 7 856 2889