How to Enrol

1. Go to the Student Centre, level two, Administration Counter

Make sure you have all of the required documents (originals and verified copies) available for our enrolment staff to complete your enrolment as quickly as possible. This may include academic transcripts, graduation certificates, English language results, passport, insurance documentation, a valid student visa.

2. Go to your Faculty/School of Study

(maps and directions are available at the Student Centre)
Meet a course adviser and discuss your paper selection. You will be given a Programme Approval form.

3. Go to the Student Administration Counter

Pay your tuition and medical insurance fees*. If you have already pre-paid, take your signed Enrolment Agreement to the payments counter. Keep your receipt.

4. Go to the Student ID station in the Student Centre to obtain your Student ID

You need a student ID card for access to the library, computers and other University facilities. You will need to show your receipt from Payments at the ID station.

* Under NZ Immigration law, every international student must provide evidence of appropriate Medical and Travel Insurance. You will automatically be enrolled and charged for Studentsafe-University insurance unless you provide us with an alternative approved policy at least two weeks before classes begin. For further information, enquire at the Student Centre.

Scholarship students

For students who are on a scholarship, it is important that you come to International Student Services Office and meet with your dedicated scholarship advisor. They will be able to offer specialist support and advice while you are studying as it relates to your scholarship.

Student exchange and study abroad students

The International Student Services Office provides support for incoming students who attend the University of Waikato and a dedicated Exchange and Study Abroad Advisor for your time here. The Advisor will contact you prior to your arrival, provide an information session on your arrival and will remain in contact throughout the semester. Study and Exchange Managers from the International Office will have been in contact with you, your agent or your home institution during the application process.

They are located in the Gateway building if you wish to see them, or phone them on +64 7 838 4007.

Bridging programme students

Please go to the Waikato Pathways College (LAIN Building) for information and to complete your enrolment.

Foundation studies students

Please go to the student centre to process your enrolment.


Phone: + 64 7 856 2889