Te Raupapa – Waikato Management School
Māori @ Management
Ko te manu e kai ana i te miro, nōna te ngahere. The bird that partakes of the miro berry reigns in the forest.
Ko te manu e kai ana i te mātauranga, nōna te ao. The bird that partakes in the power of knowledge has access to the World.
What sets us apart?
- Triple Crown Accreditation
- Supportive Learning Environment
- Premium Teaching Staff
- International Reputation for Excellence
- Top Performer in Research
- Students from around the World
- Waikato Management School Graduates get Jobs
- A picturesque environment
Our Strong Commitment to Māori
The Waikato Management School is committed to offering specific assistance and opportunities for our Māori students as 18% of our student population identify themselves as Māori.
There are three specific ways that we can support you during your time at University:
- The Management Student Consultant – Māori manages the Māori Mentors and offers support to students and staff in the Waikato Management School. She also liaises with colleagues from the other faculties to assist with initiatives to support ALL Māori students on campus.
- Ngā Kaiārahi Mātauranga – Māori Mentors - our mentoring unit is made up of a group of dedicated senior students whose role is to positively engage with students through one-on-one appointments, academic wānanga and whanaungatanga events, thus creating a supportive environment for students throughout their university life.
- Te Ranga Ngaku – is a student network group made up of Māori management students who manaaki, awhi and tautoko each other during their time at University. Moving away from home can be rather daunting, so join Te Ranga Ngaku and make new friends and family for life.