I just received word from Craig Herbold about the Erebus teams progress:
"After a four hour delay, followed by mechanical problems with the Ski Herc that extended that delay into a full day, Craig, Ian, the Nat Geo team and myself finally got to Scott Base a day late but in good spirits and good health."
Tomorrow morning we do our Antarctic field training, just refreshers
for Craig, Ian and Myself while the Nat Geo team gets to go out and do
the overnight training. This of course means that Skidoo training will
not happen on Friday (as was originally planned) and will instead
happen Monday, if all works perfectly (which is highly improbable) we
will head out to Fang camp on Monday evening after our skidoo
training. Over the weekend, we will check gear, get our field supplies
sorted and weighed and be ready for Monday departure regardless.
Will keep you updated as to whether we are on schedule on Monday! If
you don't hear back, assume we made it up the mountain.