The University of Waikato is one of New Zealand's most modern and innovative universities, based in the beautiful river city of Hamilton, with a satellite campus in Tauranga.
We are home to more than 12,500 students including close to 2,000 international students from over 70 countries. All our degree programmes are internationally recognised, our global connections are wide and strong, and we do everything to help our international students succeed.
Find out how you could receive a High Achievement Scholarship for International Students.
Scholarships for International Students
The University of Waikato Excellence Scholarship for Asia Programme
A $1 million international scholarship fund has been launched by the University of Waikato. The University of Waikato Excellence Scholarship for Asia programme will provide financial aid for pre-degree (foundation), undergraduate and postgraduate students with scholarships of up to $10,000 on offer to students from 12 Asian countries. Find out more.
High Achievement Scholarship for International Students
The High Achievement Scholarship for International Students is open to all international students who are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate programme at the University of Waikato. The scholarship is equivalent to a 15% discount on full international student fees for the second year of undergraduate study. Find out more.
More scholarships can be found at the Scholarships Office.
Accelerated Masters Programmes
Enrol in our Accelerated Masters Programmes, and
- Become an independent thinker qualified at a specialised level in a particular field
- Achieve a 180 point Masters in less than 1.5 years (full- time) - in some cases a year
- Enhance your professional expertise
- Complete research that makes a difference
View our competitive fees for the Accelerated Masters Programmes available in 2014.
Want to know our Entry Requirements?
- Our entry requirements for students from the USA are:
- High School Diploma plus SAT-1 (taken in grade 12) score of at least 1000 combining Critical Reading and Mathematics scores (combine Verbal and Mathematics scores if results before 2005); or High School Diploma and ACT scores with as least 24 in every section; or GED Certificate with a score of at least 50% in each GED test and SAT score of 1000 or ACT scores with at least 24 in every section; or an Associate Degree from an accredited tertiary institution.
If you're not from the USA, see our entrance guidelines for students from selected countries.