Adding a journal to a page
Creating a new journal
A journal is a tool with which you can record your thoughts and experiences. It functions like a blog, where you can create individual entries which display chronologically.
By default, you only have one journal to start with, and it is named "[User]'s journal". If you want to create another journal:
- Select the drop-down menu next to your profile picture (top right corner of the page), then select the Settings drop-down menu then finally select the Preferences tab.
- Scroll down to Multiple journals, and select the No button to shift it to Yes. Select Save at the bottom of the page to save this new setting.
- Select the three horizontal bars at the top right corner of the page, then select the + Create drop-down menu and finally select the Journals tab.
- This page show you the list of your journals. Select the + Create journal to add a new journal.
- Add a Title to your journal, and if you wish add a Description and Tags. You can also change the licensing options. When you are happy with your settings select Create journal at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, you can now add entries to your journal, selecting + New entry and following the steps described below in "Adding a journal entry".
Note: If you go back to your account settings (see step 1.) after owning more than one journal, you will not be able to revert the Multiple journals switch back to No. If you want to do so you will have to delete the extra journals to keep only one.
Adding a journal to a page
- Select the title of the page you wish to add the journal to.
- Select the Edit button at the top-right of the page to enter edit mode.
- Select the Journal drop-down tab from the editing menu block on the left side of the screen, then select Journal. In the pop-up window, select the cell of the page layout in which you wish your journal to sit. The selected cell will appear in a darker shade of grey. Select Add.
- In the Journal: Configure window that appears, give a title to your journal in the Block title box. Otherwise the title will default to your name. Then, select a journal you wish to display (by default, you will only have one journal). Adjust the other settings to your liking, then select Save.
- Once back on the main page, you will see the journal sitting in the cell you chose. Finally, select Display page at the bottom of the page.
Alternatively, you can select and drag the Journal item to any cell on the page.
Note: You now have a journal but it is like an empty folder. The next part of this tutorial will show you how to add content to it.
Adding a journal entry
- In edit mode, select the New entry button in your journal block (this example uses another journal).
- Type a title and text into the corresponding text box to create your first entry. Adjust the other settings to your liking then select Save entry at the bottom of the page. If you want to work further on your entry at another time before publishing it, set the Draft button to Yes before you save the journal entry.
Note: You can still edit the entry after publication.
- You cannot modify an entry from your page. To do this, you have to select the three horizontal bars next to your profile picture, then in the drop-down menu select Journals, and finally select the pencil icon next to the title of the entry you want to modify.
- You can add a single journal entry to your page by selecting Journal entry under the journal tab. The Configure window that appears will show you the list of existing entries that you can browse and display: select the one you want, then select Save.
The entry is thus displayed independently from the journal it comes from.