Applying a page layout
To change the default page layout :
- From your home page (accessible via selecting the Waikato logo), select the page title you wish to edit.
- Select the Edit button at the top-right of the page to enter edit mode.
- Select the Settings button in the next page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Layout tab just above the Save button. Open the drop-down menu by selecting the arrow on the right.
- Finally, when you are happy with the layout you have selected, select the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Select the corresponding image for the page layout that suits you. For example, the image below would result in three columns on one page.
If none of the proposed layouts suits you, you can scroll down to Create custom layout, then add as many rows and as many columns by row as you wish, and finally hit Create new layout to save this new layout. It will appear, already selected, in the category corresponding to its number of rows (for example, if you created a new layout with 2 rows, it will appear in the 2 row category).
- It is best to apply the layout to the page first rather than adding artefacts and text to the page and then changing the layout. A pencil sketch of what you want the page to look like BEFORE you start editing the page may be useful to help you select the layout you want or guide you in building the layout using Create custom layout.
- Rather than one long scrolling page, it may be better to build a collection of pages with a different theme for each page.