Sharing a page via the "Secret URL" option
Secret URL allows you to share your portfolio with people that you choose, for example people who do not have a Mahara account.
- Select the title of the page you wish to share.
- Select the Edit icon at the top-right of the page to enter edit mode.
- Select the Share button on the top-right of the page.
- Under Secret URLs, you will see a + New secret URL button. Select it to generate a secret URL. Secret URLs will appear underneath in a list.
Select the double paper sheets icon to copy the URL into your clipboard, then paste and send by email.
Select the pencil icon if you wish to restrict the access to a certain period of time.
Select the trash icon if you wish to delete the corresponding URL.
- You can follow the same process to share a whole collection instead of a single page by selecting the collection at step 1.
- Sharing a collection or page is different from submitting a collection or page for a lecturer to assess. See the instructions for submitting a page if you are required to submit pages or collections for assessment purposes.
- Sometimes there may be more than one user with the same name and you can’t tell which user is the one you want to share your page with. Unfortunately there is no way to for student account holders to get extra information (such as usernames) to help with this. You could ask your Mahara administrator to do the sharing process on your behalf (they can see usernames) or simply share with all the listed people.