Creating a group
Class groups used for assignment submissions can be created on request, please contact us. However if you want students to work in small groups the students can create their own groups by following the process outlined in this section.
- Select the horizontal lines/menu icon at the top-right of the page. Then select the Engage drop down menu and then Groups.
- The Groups page will show you all the groups you currently belong to. Select the Create group button in the top-right corner to start the group creation process.
- Fill in the group name and a short group description. It is better to have group names which are unique and self-explanatory rather than general – e.g. not Literacy Group 1 but Jan/Sue/Tipene Lit Group 2013. This makes the group easier to find when searching. The group administrator can edit this name later if necessary.
- In the Settings section check the Open option for membership. This makes the group easy to join. Note: It is very important to leave the Create and edit pages drop-down menu set to All group members. Set Shared page notifications to None if you don’t want the extra email traffic this will generate.
- Select the Save group button at the bottom of the page.
- The groups that you are a member of should appear in the My Groups dashboard block at the right of the dashboard page.
- You can quickly go to the Group dashboard page by selecting the group name from the dashboard.