Creating and posting to a group forum
Every group has a default forum titled General discussion. If other forums are required these can be created.
To create a forum
- Go into the group space by clicking on the title of the group.
- Select the Forums tab at the top of the group window.
- Click on the New Forums button.
- Fill in the Title and Description boxes.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the window.
To post a new topic to a forum
- Click on the title of the forum you wish to contribute to.
- Click on the New topic button.
- Type in a subject and the message for the forum post.
- Click the Post button at the bottom of the window.
To reply to a post (message)
- Click on the topic title.
- Click the Reply button at the bottom right of the message (post).
- Type your reply and click the Post button.
- Finally, to delete a forum which is no longer needed, click the Trash icon alongside the forum name.
If you wish to receive email notifications when a new message is posted to a forum you must Subscribe to that forum. To subscribe to a forum, go to the forum list and click the Subscribe button alongside the title of the forum you wish to subscribe to. You can also unsubscribe using the same button.
Note: If you delete the forum all messages (posts) to that forum will also be deleted, and will not be able to be recovered.