Add a book
1. In your Moodle paper, Turn editing on in the top right hand corner.
2. Click Add activity or resource at the bottom right hand of a central section/topic.
3. In the ACTIVITIES and RESOURCES pop-up menu, navigate to select Book in either the ALL or the RESOURCES menu, then click Add.
4. Click Save and return to paper or Save and display.
- A book:
- Is a multi-page resource in a book-like format, with chapters and subchapters.
- Can contain media files as well as text.
- Is useful for displaying lengthy passages of information which can be broken down into sections.
- Chapters and subchapters can easily be rearranged and printed.
- A book may be used:
- To display reading material for individual modules of study.
- As a staff departmental handbook.
- As a showcase portfolio of student work.
- If used as a student activity, the book resource can be customised to make it only visible to an individual student and lecturer.
- Follow steps 1-3 above, then click on Add restriction
- Click User profile.
- Click on down arrow of User profile field to choose suitable restriction, e.g. ID number, Department. More than one restriction can be set.
- The Book resource can also be used as a group activity or a time-limited activity via the Add restriction menu.
Moodle and Panopto are unavailable every Thursday 7:00 am – 7:30 am.