Adding the Waikato Reading List activity in Moodle
- Go to the relevant Moodle page and ensure that you Turn editing on.
- Navigate to the block in which you want to place your Reading List.
- Select the Add an activity or resource link at the bottom of this block.
- Find and select the Waikato Reading Lists option in the window that pops up. Note: If need be you can search for this.
- The next page, named Adding a new External tool, has two key fields.
- First, give your list an Activity Name, this is what your students will see on the Moodle page.
- Second, select the Show more... link found beneath the naming field.
- Scroll down to the Launch container setting.
- Select the Embed, without blocks from the drop-down menu.
- The usual additional options of adding a Description, Restrict Access settings, and Activity Completion settings are also on this page if you would like to use them.
- When you are happy with the settings for your Reading List, select the Save and return to paper button.
Moodle and Panopto are unavailable every Thursday 7:00 am – 7:30 am.