There are two main ways to grade a forum: Whole forum grading, which allows you to use both simple direct grading and rubrics, and Ratings.
If you are grading a forum via Whole forum grading, we recommend you Add a forum via the Add an activity or resource picker rather than by using the Paper Setup Wizard.
Whole forum grading: Setup
1. Select the forum name, then the cog icon on the top right and select Edit settings.
2. Scroll down and select Whole forum grading. Select Point or Scale.
3. Enter a Maximum grade and a Grade category
Note: Under Grading method, the default is Simple direct grading. You can change this to Marking guide or Rubric if you wish.
4. Finally, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save and return to paper or Save and display.
Whole forum grading: How to grade (Simple direct grading)
1. Select the forum name, then select Grade Users.
2. Enter the grade in the text box on the right of the page.
3. To save an individual grade, select Save on the top right corner.
Note: Scrolling to the next student via the arrows also saves the mark. You will see the message Graded or Not graded above the student's name.
- Select the forum name, then the cog icon on the top right and select Edit settings.
- Scroll down and select Ratings.
- Select an Aggregate type from the drop-down menu. Select the question mark if you need information about each type.
- Finally, select Save and return to paper or Save and display.
Ratings: How to grade
- Select the forum name, then the Discussion that you want to rate.
- Select Rate below each post and select a number in the drop-down list. There is no need to save.