Swiftkey Mobile App
Swiftkey is a mobile app available for Apple and Android that allows you to text, email and use Māori in social media on your own device.
- Download the SwiftKey Keyboard app from your app store
- Go into the app and select Get started. Sign in using one of the options provided to continue.
- The app will show you setup instructions. We will go through them here: first select Take me there.
- Select Keyboards, and enable SwiftKey and Allow Full Access.
- Return to the SwiftKey App, and then select Languages.
- Search for the Māori language (either by scrolling down the screen of starting to type the name), and Download it.
- Once downloaded, enable the Māori language.
- Finally, exit the App. The Māori keyboard will be installed into your keyboard and ready to use for any application (example here with text messages).
Note: you cannot have more than 2 languages enabled.
- Download the SwiftKey Keyboard from your Playstore.
- Open the app. Follow the setup instructions.
- Select SWIFTKEY and change your keyboard to SwiftKey Keyboard.
- Select CHANGE to set new Languages.
- Te Reo Maori should be available under suggested languages otherwise scroll down and select Maori/Māori.
- Now your keyboard is all set up to type in Māori with the macrons.