Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship Programme Applications
Who can apply?
- Students who excel academically, and in sports or creative performing arts
- School leavers who have/or will have achieved an NCEA Level 2 Certificate with Merit or Excellence and University Entrance
- School leavers who have/or will have achieved the equivalent to the above in the Cambridge International examinations or the International Baccalaureate examinations
- Students intending to study at the University of Waikato at either the Hamilton or Tauranga campus
- Students with demonstrated leadership potential
What do you receive?
- A scholarship worth up to $10,000 per year for full-time undergraduate enrolment
- Personalised academic support
- Leading coaches/tutors in your area of sports/arts
- Leadership skills and personal development coaching
- And more....
How do I apply?
- Applications are due by 31 August each year, prior to starting study in March the following year.
- You can contact the University's High Performance Student Scholarship Manager to discuss your application.
- An Online Application Form is available from the University of Waikato Scholarships Office website.
- Applicants are required to submit a 3 minute video of themselves outlining why they should be a Hillary Scholar and what it would mean to them.
- As a number of references are required for the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship we suggest that you give yourself plenty of time to complete the online application process.
Arts and Sports Selection Criteria
Apply for scholarship