Ariana Moffatt : Bachelor of Science (Technology) (BSc(Tech))
Ariana is a Third year student studying a Bachelor of Science Technology majoring in Earth science and Environmental planning. She received the Sir Edmund Hillary scholarship for Volleyball. Her recent achievements include touring Thailand in 2015 as a part of the NZ U21 Women's team, playing in the 2016 NZ Senior Women's squad against pacific island teams and being selected in the U23 NZ training squad of 19 targeting the U23 Asian Champs in May 2017. She was apart of the University of waikato womens team which won the 2018 tertiary champs as well as the Waikato senior womens team which won Inter-provincial Champs. Career highlights include being selected as best blocker at the Trans-Tasman Quadrangular tournament in 2014 and the experience in Thailand in 2015. Future aspirations include continuing to play for NZ and to qualify for and compete at the U23 Asian Volleyball champs in 2018. She attended Tauranga Girls College and was a prefect and house captain on the sports council. She is also a Volunteer lifeguard, Regional Paid Lifeguard, Coach, Beach education Instuctor and races competitively in Surf lifesaving for Papamoa SLSC.
- BOP SLS team - 01/02/2016
- Regional Representative challenge, Mount Maunganui, Inter region competition. 1st in the individual ocean women race (multiple other placings in team events)
- NZ Surf Lifesaving Nationals - 23/03/2016
- NZ Surf Life Saving Nationals 2016, Ohope beach, Whakatane, 18-20 March. National competition
1st Open women Tube rescue
1st U19 women Surf teams
2nd U19 women Board rescue
3rd U19 women Tube rescue
4th U19 women Surf race
- Eastern Region SLS Championships - 30/01/2016
- Eastern Region SLS Championships, Mount Maunganui
2nd U19 Run swim Run
2nd U19 Ironwomen
- NZ Senior Womens Team South Pacific Challenge - 28/03/2016
28 March - 2 April
International against Pacific island teams
- NZ U23 Asian Champs non Travelling reserve - 12/02/2017
Training squad of 19 targeting International U23 Asian Champs in Thailand May 2017.
- MVP Hamilton Volleyball Club B team - 16/10/2016
- Hamilton Volleyball Club A Team - 30/04/2017
Club team to compete at National club championships
- Waikato Senior Women Interprovincial Championship Winners - 02/06/2017
Interprovincial Champs (IPC)
2-4th June 2017 ASB stadium Wellington
Competed against other New zealand regions for Waikato senior women.
Unbeaten and won the final against BOP to take the gold medal.
- BOP Open Surf Life Saving team - 10/01/2017
NZ Representative challenge. Competed against other New Zealand regions and Gained 2nd Place overall.
- Volleyball NZ University Champs Winners - 22/07/2017