Ellie McCleery : Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws (BSC/LLB)
Athletics & Hockey
Ellie’s main Athletic discipline lay in 200m and 400m track running which she was involved in for eight years. She competed in Oceania Regional Champs twice, bringing home medals each time. She has won three age group 400m titles at the New Zealand Club Nationals, and holds the North Island Secondary Schools Senior 400m record. She was a part of the Athletics New Zealand Commonwealth Games 4x400m relay squad in 2014. Ellie assists Waikato Diocesan in the conditioning of their top sports teams and also coaches a group of young athletes. In 2015 Ellie shifted her focus to Hockey and played for Thames Valley, winning the club competition and Midlands U21s, where the team earned a Bronze medal at National Tournament. In 2017 she again was part of the Thames Valley Club Team, who successfully retained their title and also played National League for Midlands, placing 3rd at the National Tournament.
- Australian Junior Athletics Championships - 12/03/2013
- 2nd place at Australian Junior Athletics Championships in the womens 20 age group.
- New Zealand Club Championships - 25/03/2013
- At the New Zealand National Club Athletics Championship I ended my season with the following results:
1st place - Womens 20 400m
2nd place - Womens 20 200m
3rd place - Womens 20 100m
I also was part of the womens 20 4x100m relay in which we gained a gold medal and the open womens 4x400m relay where our team won the silver medal.
- Golden Key Selection - 15/05/2014
- I was selected to be a member of the Waikato Chapter of Golden Key
- NZ Club Championships - 25/03/2014
- 4th in the Open Womens 400m at New Zealand National Club Championships
- Australian Athletics Championships - 01/04/2014
- 9th in the Open Womens 400m at the Australian National Athletics Championships and Commonwealth Games qualifier
- CommonWealth Games Squad - 04/06/2014
- Selected as non-traveling reserve for the New Zealand 4x400m Relay Team which is attending the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
- Midlands u21 - 12/11/2015
- Selected for the Midlands Womens U21 team. Placed 3rd at National Tournament
- Central NHL - 12/11/2015
- Made the final 22 in the Womens Midlands NHL team, however, was dropped in the final stages. Was placed on the draft and picked up by the Womens Central NHL team. We placed 6th at Nationals.
- Brian Perry Leadership and Academic Charitable Trust Scholarship - 01/10/2015
- The Brian Perry Charitable Trust focus on giving back to the Waikato Community to developing young people who are pursuing Academic and Leadership success.
- Midlands Hockey Team of the Year - 18/10/2015
- The Midlands U21 Womens Team was awarded Midlands hockey team of the year for the culture, drive and results we achieved throughout the campaign.
- Gold Level Coaching Membership with Athletics New Zealand. - 12/11/2015
- Athletics New Zealand have developed a coaching frame work in order to ensure all coaches delivering Athletics are of sufficient quality and knowledge.
I have achieved
- Level Two - Get Set Go
- Level Three - Run Jump Throw
- Level Two - Development (Jumps, Sprints, Relays)
These levels can be placed into context within the frame work found on this page: http://www.athletics.org.nz/Get-Involved/As-a-Coach/framework
- LLB Honors - 01/01/2016
Academic Achievement: Invited to join the Law Honours Program.
- Brain Perry Charitable Trust Academic Scholarship - 01/04/2016
- New Zealand Coaching Conference - 04/12/2015
Attended the National New Zealand Coachign Conferance. Was an incredible development opportunity!
- Step Higher Award 2017 - 06/02/2017
- Adastra Scholarship - Hockey - 06/12/2016
- 3rd Place - NHL Midlands Women - 14/09/2016
Was selected for the Midlands National Womens Hockey Team and placed 3rd at the National Tournament
- Intercity Club Hockey Champions - 10/09/2016
Playing for Thames Valley Hockey Cluc, our team successfull defended our title winning the Midlands Intercity Club Hockey Competition for the 3rd year running.
- Thames Valley Finalist - Team of the Year - 26/11/2016
Thames Valley Regional Sports Awards - Thames valley Hockey Club were finalists for Team fo the Year
- Waikato University Sports Blue - Hockey - 12/11/2016