Shaun Kirkham : Bachelor of Communication Studies (BCS)
Shaun is a former Hamilton Boys High student and is currently half way through his bachelor of communications degree. He has represented the University in the Gallagher Great Race 4 times and was named the captain of the crew in 2015. Since 2012 Shaun has competed for NZ in the Under-23 World Championship, where he finished 6th in 2012 and won Gold in 2013 and 2014. He was selected in the elite NZ Men's 8 in 2015 where he and his crew mates successfully qualified the boat for the Rio Olympics. In 2016 Shaun competed in the Rio Olympics in the men's 8 finishing 6th, and followed this up with another 6th at the 2017 Elite World Championship.
- Under 23 World Champ - 03/08/2013
- Under 23 World Champ - 19/08/2014
- 2015 world championships 4th place - 13/08/2015
Rowing world champs held in france. Was competing in the Men's 8
- 2016 Olympic Games 6th place - 30/03/2017
Rio Olympic Games.
- 2017 World Rowing Championships 6th place - 28/09/2017
2017 World Rowing Championships, held in Florida USA