Tidavadee (Fai) Tongdethsri : PhD
Returning University of Waikato student Tidavadee Tongdethsri is hoping 2017 will be her year. The Political Science PhD student has started her postgraduate degree and intends to take her golf to a new level. She’s currently in the top 1% of all women players in New Zealand and holds a 0.5 handicap, and has represented Waikato and has played for New Zealand in the 2012 Trans-Tasman Cup. Originally from Thailand, Tidavadee began studying at the University of Waikato in 2010 at age 16, after completing her Year 12 studies at Sacred Heart Girls College. This year she plans to begin a PhD focusing on public policy. In the meantime, she is running the Japanese Language and Culture Club at the university and taking on more volunteering opportunities.
- Waikato Women's Classic - 5th = - 08/09/2013
- Played at Ngaruwahia Golf Club. Although a Waikato competition, it is open to all players, which includes many players outside the region. The event is a 54 holes strokeplay event.
- New Zealand Representative - Trans Tasman Cup - 07/03/2012
- The Trans-Tasman Cup is played annually between New Zealand and Australia. In 2012, the event was hosted by the Peninsula Country Golf Club, Melbourne, Australia. There are four categories, Open Men's, Open Women's, Girls' and Boy's. Fai was a member of the Girls' Team with three others. Each play foursomes and singles scratch match play over two rounds.
- New Zealand Women's Strokeplay - 5th - 24/03/2013
- The New Zealand Women's Strokeplay is held annually. This year, it was held at the Paraparaumu Beach golf course, which is known for hosting the New Zealand Open. It was held from the 21st April 2013 to 24th April 2013. The winner is based on the total strokeplay scores.
- Waikato Women's Champion of Champions - 24/11/2013
- Played at Tokoroa Golf Club. 36 holes strokeplay event. The lowest combining score was 151.
- Whangamata Women's Open Classic - 4th = - 02/12/2013
- Open Women's strokeplay competition at the Whangamata Golf Club. The event was also a trial for the Bay of Plenty Women's golf team for the 2013 Interprovincials, which will be played in December.
- Waikato Women's Champion of Champions - 2nd - 23/11/2014
- Played at Stewart Alexandra Golf Club. 36 Hole Strokeplay event. Represented Hamilton Golf Club as the Women's Champion of Champions.
- NZ Women's Interprovincial Team Semi-Finalist - 12/12/2015
- NZ Women's Interprovincial, held at Ashburton GC from December 9 - 12.
- Waikato Golf Women's Championship Pennants - Division One Team Winner - 15/05/2016
The Waikato Golf Women's Championship Pennants is held annually from March to May and is played at different host clubs throughout the Waikato. There are three divisions with each having at least six teams of four, representing a club within the Waikato region. The format is two rounds per team matches: foursomes in the morning and singles in the afternoon. Team then single matches determine the overall winner for each division.