Level 2: Key Information (Tauranga campus)
The Hamilton city boundary along with Raglan, Huntly, Ngāruawahia, Te Kauwhata, Waitomo, Te Kūiti, Waipā, Ōtorohanga and Auckland are in Alert Level 3. The Hamilton campus is closed under Alert Level 3. The Tauranga campus remains open in Alert Level 2 with physical distancing and face covering protocols in place. Unless you are usually based at the Tauranga campus, do not visit the campus.
Guiding principles for Alert Level 2
- The health and safety of our students, staff and the public is our top priority. If you are sick or feel unwell, stay at home, and if you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline, and get tested.
- Many campus-based activities can take place, such as classes, lectures, labs, workshops, tutorials and meetings provided the necessary health control measures are in place. These include classes being limited to up to 100 people in a room, with physical distancing of at least 1 metre, where possible.
- Scan in using the NZ Covid Tracer app when moving around campus.
- Bring a face covering/mask with you to campus. It is strongly recommended that you wear it at all times, but you are required to wear one when in any public-facing spaces (such as the cafes/retail on campus, reception areas, the student Hub and social learning spaces of the Tauranga campus), as well as in places where you can't physically distance.
- Online learning and teaching will be important to enable the University to manage capacity limits and appropriate physical distancing, and to provide for students and staff who are at risk or are unable to return to campus.
- Maintain good hygiene practices such as handwashing with soap for 20 seconds.
Help and support
Please look after yourself, check in with those around you, and reach out to Student Services on 0800 WAIKATO or email [email protected] if you are unsure about anything. We are here to support you through this.