Level 3: Key Information (Hamilton campus)
The Hamilton city boundary along with Raglan, Huntly, Ngāruawahia, Te Kauwhata, Waitomo, Te Kūiti, Waipā, Ōtorohanga and Auckland are in Alert Level 3. The Hamilton campus is closed under Alert Level 3. The Tauranga campus remains open in Alert Level 2 with physical distancing and face covering protocols in place. Unless you are usually based at the Tauranga campus, do not visit the campus.
Guiding principles for Alert Level 3
- The health and safety of our students, staff and the public is our top priority. If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline, and get tested.
- If you do leave your bubble to shop or exercise, wear a mask or face covering and maintain physical distancing.
- It's vital to maintain good hygiene practices including hand washing with soap for 20 seconds, using hand sanitiser, and coughing/sneezing into your elbow.
- Teaching and learning in B Trimester continues fully online. Unless you hear from your lecturer, continue with learning online and do not come to campus.
- Do not travel between regions. Only students and staff who are usually based at the Tauranga campus may visit the Tauranga campus at Alert Level 2.
Help and support
Remaining at home during Level 3 may cause you to feel anxious or worried.
Please look after yourself, check in with those around you, and reach out to your lecturer or Student Services on 0800 WAIKATO or email [email protected] if you are unsure about anything. We are here to support you through this.
Staff can access our Employee Assistance Programme.
Anyone can call or free text 1737 or visit the 1737 website to access a trained counsellor at any time.