This tutorial will guide you through creating a Google Form and viewing its results.
- To access Google Forms, you can select the Forms icon from any other Google product (for example your emails) by selecting the waffle at the top right corner of the page (you may have to select More to find the icon).
- You will see a row of templates you can choose from to create your own form, and if you already have forms a row that shows them. Select Blank to create a new form from scratch.
- In the Questions tab, add a title to your form, and a description if you wish. Configure the first blank question: you can for example select other types of questions via the drop-down arrow next to Multiple choice, or make the question mandatory to answer by shifting the Required switch. You can then add more questions using the circled + on the right of the page.
- In the Responses tab, you can view the responses of the people who completed the form. You can save those responses by creating a new spreadsheet or using an existing spreadsheet by selecting the Google Sheets icon on the top right corner of the page, and then select the appropriate setting in the pop-up window.
- Once you are happy with your form, you can customise the look of your form using the palette, preview it using the eye, and adjust a few settings using the cog at the top right corner of the page. Finally, to send your form to the people who have to answer it, select the Send button and type in email addresses or copy the link of the form to paste it anywhere you want.
Note: All the changes are saved as you make them, but allow a few seconds before you close the window when you want to quit the form.