How to use Google Translate (example with Māori to English)
- Go to https://translate.google.com/
- Select the drop-down arrow above the text box on the left and choose Maori, and select English from the drop-down arrow on the right (or select it from the pre-selected languages next to the arrow).
- Once you have changed the languages type the word you would like translated in the text box. The most common translation will appear on the right, and other translations, ranked from the most to the less common, will be listed underneath.
- You can translate a whole piece of text instead of a single word, but keep in mind that Google Translate does not always accurately take into account grammar.
- You can select other input and output languages.
- You can easily swap the input and output languages by selecting the double arrow next to the output language.