The Glossary activity enables participants to create and maintain a list of definitions, like a dictionary, or collect and organise resources and information. Glossaries can be:
- A collaborative bank of key terms
- A ‘getting to know you’ space where new students add their name and personal details
- A ‘handy tips’ resource of best practice in a practical subject
- A sharing area of useful videos, images or sound files
- A revision resource of facts to remember
- On the top right hand corner, toggle Edit mode on.
- At the bottom of the section/topic/week where you would like the Glossary to appear, select Add an activity or resource.
- Select Glossary.
- Enter a Name in the text box.
- In the Glossary type drop-down menu, choose Main glossary or Secondary glossary. You can select the question mark for a description of each type of glossary.
- Scroll down and select Save and return to paper.
See this video from Moodle Academy for more information on using Glossary.
The Moodle version and appearance in this video are slightly different from the version at the University of Waikato.