Adding a multiple choice question
Note: This guide assumes you have already created a quiz activity in your course and now want to add a multiple choice question to the quiz. All the different question types have different editing screens, the Multiple Choice Question example listed here is only one example of question setup.
- Select Turn editing on in the top right-hand corner of your page.
- Select the quiz you would like to add the question to.
- Select the Edit quiz button.
- Select the Add link on the right-hand side of your window and then select add a new question.
- Select Multiple choice in the types of Questions list and Select Add.
- Provide a name for your question which is only visible to you as a teacher (it is helpful to name questions with a meaningful name in terms of the content they relate to, rather than generic names such Question 1, Question 2).
- Provide the text for the question which is only seen by the students.
- Next, provide the default mark that would be given when the answer is correct.
- Under the Answers section, you provide the answers for the multiple choice question.
- In each answer choice, you give a grade value to give different marks for different choices. Set the correct answer to 100% and leave the other answer grades as, for example, None (0%).
- Finally, scroll down and select Save changes or Save changes and continue editing. It will be automatically placed in the quiz you are editing.