Creating a self sign-up tool for group activities
It is possible in Moodle to create a sign-up option for tutorials or any other group activity using a particular grouping setting.
- First, you have to create the different groups that you want to use. In your paper, go to Participants in the Menu window.
- Select the drop-down Manage Participants button on the right-hand side of the page, then select Groups.
- In the Groups tab, you will see the list of all the groups that you have already created if any. Select Create group to add a new group to this list.
- Add a name to the group, a description and change the other settings if you wish. Then hit Save changes to save the group.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for as many groups as you need to create.
- Once you have created all the desired groups, go back to your paper and select the red Turn editing on button on the top-right corner, then Add an activity or resource in the Topic where you want to create the sign-up option.
- In the list that pops up, select Group choice, then hit the Add button.
- Give a name to your activity, change others settings if you wish, then go to the Groups menu: here you can select a group that you want to make available for signing up in the left-hand side box, then hit Add Group to add it to the list on the right-hand side box. When you have selected all the groups that you want, hit Save and return to paper at the bottom of this page.