Creating a self sign-up tool for group activities
It is possible in Moodle to create a sign-up option for tutorials or any other group activity using a particular grouping setting.
- First, you have to create the different groups that you want to use. In your paper, go to Participants in the Menu window.
- Select the drop-down Manage Participants button on the right-hand side of the page, then select Groups.
- In the Groups tab, you will see the list of all the groups that you have already created if any. Select Create group to add a new group to this list.
- Add a name to the group, a description and change the other settings if you wish. Then hit Save changes to save the group.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for as many groups as you need to create.
- Once you have created all the desired groups, go back to your paper and select the red Turn editing on button on the top-right corner.
- Then Add an activity or resource in the Topic where you want to create the sign-up option.
- In the list that pops up, select Group choice, then hit the Add button.
- Give a name to your activity, change others settings if you wish, then go to the Groups menu: here you can select a group that you want to make available for signing up in the left-hand side box, then hit Add Group to add it to the list on the right-hand side box. When you have selected all the groups that you want, hit Save and return to paper at the bottom of this page.
From 19 November 2020 Moodle and Panopto are unavailable every Thursday 7:00 am – 7:30 am.