Adding a file
Note: There are two options to upload a file: drag and drop or the activity picker.
Drag and drop
- Select Turn editing on in the top right-hand corner of your Moodle paper.
- Drag and drop a file to the desired topic.
- Some file types (e.g. image files) allow you to choose whether to show the full file on the course page, or create a link to the resource. In the pop up window, select whether you want to:
(A) Add media to course page, or (B) Create file resource, then select Upload.
Note: Both options allow you to edit after upload via the drop-down Edit menu to the right of the file.
Use activity picker
- Select Add an activity or resource, located at the bottom right-hand side of each topic.
- Select File.
- Enter a meaningful Name for your file.
- In the Select files section:
A. Drag and drop your file onto the dotted box.
B. Select the paper icon button. Then select from the File picker menu that pops up.
- In the Appearance menu you have options about how your file will display, and whether to show the size and type of file, or the uploaded/modified date.
- Finally, select Save and return to paper or Save and display.
Note: You can select files from Google Drive, the Moodle Content bank, or upload a file from your computer or device.
To Upload a file from your device, select Upload a file in the File picker, then select Choose File, then look for the file in your device and select it.
Give your file a display name in the Save as box, check the Author and licence details are correct, then select Upload this file.
- If you want to upload multiple related files, use the Folder resource rather than dragging and dropping a folder of files, or attempting to upload multiple files via the File resource.
- All Display options may not work well with all file types. If in doubt, select Automatic which allows Moodle to choose the best option.