Adding a file
Note: There are two options to upload a file: drag and drop or the activity picker.
Drag and drop
- Select Turn editing on in the top right-hand corner of your Moodle paper.
- Drag and drop a file to the desired topic.
- Some file types (e.g. image files) allow you to choose whether to show the full file on the course page, or create a link to the resource. In the pop up window, select whether you want to:
(A) Add media to course page, or (B) Create file resource, then select Upload.
Note: Both options allow you to edit after upload via the drop-down Edit menu to the right of the file.
Use activity picker
- Select Add an activity or resource, located at the bottom right-hand side of each topic.
- Select File.
- Enter a meaningful Name for your file.
- In the Select files section:
A. Drag and drop your file onto the dotted box.
B. Select the paper icon button. Then select from the File picker menu that pops up.
- In the Appearance menu you have options about how your file will display, and whether to show the size and type of file, or the uploaded/modified date.
- Finally, select Save and return to paper or Save and display.
Note: You can select files from Google Drive, the Moodle Content bank, or upload a file from your computer or device.
To Upload a file from your device, select Upload a file in the File picker, then select Choose File, then look for the file in your device and select it.
Give your file a display name in the Save as box, check the Author and licence details are correct, then select Upload this file.
- If you want to upload multiple related files, use the Folder resource rather than dragging and dropping a folder of files, or attempting to upload multiple files via the File resource.
- All Display options may not work well with all file types. If in doubt, select Automatic which allows Moodle to choose the best option.
Moodle and Panopto are unavailable every Thursday 7:00 am – 7:30 am.