Link to a full Reading List / Specific Items using an URL
- Open the relevant Reading List.
- If you are in Moodle, you can do this by selecting Library from the menu at the top of the Moodle screen.
- Then in the drop-down menu, select Waikato Reading Lists.
- If you wish to link to the full Reading List, select the URL as it appears in the Address Bar at the top of your browser window.
- If you wish to link to a specific reading from within a Reading List, find that reading and select the 'three dots' off to the right of it.
- In the drop-down menu, select the Share option.
- In the window that appears, Copy the URL link.
- With the relevant link copied to your clipboard, return to your Moodle page.
- If not already, Turn editing on.
- Navigate to the block in which you want to place your Reading List and select the Add an activity or resource link at the bottom of this block.
- In the window that appears, find and select the URL option.
- On the next page there are two key bits of information needed:
- Give the link a Name, which will be the text that appears to students to click on.
- Paste the External URL, which is the Reading List link you copied earlier.
- The usual additional options of adding a Description, Restrict Access settings, and Activity Completion are also on this page if you would like to use them.
- When you are happy with the settings for your new Reading List, select the Save and return to paper button.
Moodle and Panopto are unavailable every Thursday 7:00 am – 7:30 am.