Anonymous discussions are very similar to Forums, however Forum posts can't be anonymous. This Activity enables students and lecturers to ask and reply to questions anonymously or add a topic of conversation to which participants can reply anonymously.
Create an Anonymous discussion
- At the top right hand corner of your Moodle paper, select Edit mode to toggle it on.
- Select Add an activity or resource at the bottom of the section/topic/week where you wish to put the Anonymous discussion.
- Select Anonymous discussion from the pop-up menu.
- Enter the Discussion name and optionally a Description, then select the Discussion type in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and select Subscription to expand the section, then select the Subscription mode from the drop-down menu. This controls if and when participants will receive post notifications.
Note: Select the question mark icon for a description of each type of subscription mode.
- Finally, select Save and return to paper or Save and display.
A Standard discussion for general use is an open discussion where anyone can start a new thread, anytime.
In a Question and answer discussion students must first post before they are able to view other posts.
The new Anonymous discussion Activity should look similar to the image below:
Add a topic to an Anonymous discussion
- Select the discussion you created from the main Moodle paper.
- Select Add a new topic.
- Enter a Subject and Message using the text boxes provided.
- Scroll down and select Create post.