Exam replacement in Trimester A 2020
Due to Covid-19 exams will not be held at the end of Trimester A.
If you have ANY questions about setting up your exam replacement in Moodle, please contact CeTTL staff by going to an online Ask Me Anything session 9-10am or 3-4pm every weekday or log a job on Kuhukuhu.
1. Create your exam replacement in Moodle
If you have a final assessment in place of an exam, in Moodle you will need to create either
(a) an assignment where students can upload a file,
(b) a Moodle quiz,
(c) a place for you to enter a mark for some other type of assessment. Create a Moodle assignment without file submission. (Select OTHER type if using the Moodle wizards.)
2. Check your settings
- Check the weighting.
- Check that the final assessment is not hidden in the paper OR in the Gradebook.
- (a) If you want students to upload a file, check:
- (b) If you want the students to take a quiz, check:
3. Delete your original exam assessment item
If you had previously created an assessment item in Moodle for your exam, remember to delete it.
4. Communicate the details to students
Post a message to the Announcements forum with details of the assessment: date, time, and type.