Online exams and alternatives
If you have any questions about your assessment design or setting up your online exam or alternative in Moodle, you can contact the CeTTL team by joining an online Ask Me Anything session 9-10 am or 3-4 pm every weekday or logging a job on Kuhukuhu.
Alternatives to exams
If you are thinking about replacing an exam with an alternative assessment we have a useful resource for you.
Changing your exam to online
1. In Moodle you can create:
(a) an assignment where students can upload a file,
(b) a Moodle quiz,
(c) a place for you to enter a mark for some other type of assessment. Create a Moodle assignment without file submission. (Select OTHER type if using the Moodle wizards.)
2. Check your settings
- Check the weighting.
- Check that the online exam is not hidden in the paper OR in the Gradebook.
- (a) If you want students to upload a file, check:
- (b) If you want the students to take a quiz, check:
3. Delete your original exam assessment item
If you had previously created an assessment item in Moodle for your exam, remember to delete it.
4. Communicate the details to students
Post a message to the Announcements forum with details of the assessment: date, time, and type.