From Semester A 2018, most papers will require marks to be entered in Moodle against each assessment item, including exams. This will allow marks to be correctly transferred to MyWaikato, where students will view their final grades.
A few tips to remember:
- If you can't see your paper in your Moodle dashboard, check the Past tab.
- Use IC (incomplete) for unattempted, compulsory assessments only.
- If your Gradebook isn't adding up correctly, check the maximum mark for each assessment, which is set to 100 by default.
- Check with your administrator to confirm exact mark entry deadlines.
- For immediate assistance please contact the Service Desk on 838 4008, or log a request through the online self-service portal, Kuhukuhu.
How do I know if my gradebook is set up correctly?
Check the following things:
There is a gradebook item for every assessment.
All gradebook items are inside a gradebook category.
The weightings and calculations for items, categories, and the paper total are correct.
The category weights should add to 100.
If you are setting up your assessments and gradebook from scratch, we recommend using the wizards in the paper setup. If you are customising a gradebook, we recommend you make changes directly in the gradebook set up.
You are welcome to contact eLearning Designers to check your gradebook setup by submitting a request through the online self-service portal, Kuhukuhu.
- Release marks with workflow
- Attach a Feedback File
- Creating a category
- Example gradebooks
- Enter marks for assessments
- Adding an IC to a paper
- Maximum mark for an assignment
- Administrators: sending marks to SITS