Attach a Feedback File
You may want to use a Word, Excel, scanned image or any other type of document external to Moodle to give feedback for an assignment. Instead of emailing each student their corresponding feedback file(s), you can attach it to their grade. This how-to will guide you through this process.
First, you have to make sure that you have enabled feedback files for your assignment:
- Select the assignment you wish to give feedback for.
- Go to the Edit settings.
- Under the Feedback type drop-down menu, tick the Feedback files box. You may want to untick the Feedback comment box if you do not need to add a short feedback comment in Moodle in addition to the feedback file.
- Finally, select Save and return to paper or Save and display at the bottom of the page.
Then, to give the feedback file to the student:
- Go to the assignment and select View all submissions.
- Find the student in the list and select the red Grade button. Now, there will be a space below Feedback comments to upload files.
- Select "Manage files" button.
- Upload the feedback file, either by dropping it into the drop-box or by browsing your computer to find it by selecting the file icon.
- Finally, select Save changes at the bottom of the page.
Note: the Feedback comment text area will not appear if you unticked the Feedback comment box at step 2 of the previous paragraph.