Creating a category in the gradebook
Note: Categories are for organising assessment items in your gradebook.
Option 1: use a wizard
1. In your Moodle paper, select Turn editing on.
2. Select Create Gradebook Category under Paper Setup Wizards.
3. Select Add another category, enter a Category name.
Note: If the new category is included in the final result, please enter a weight.
If it is not included in the final result, please tick "Assessment for feedback".
4.Finally, select Complete.
Option 2: from within the gradebook itself
- From the menu, select Grades.
- In the gradebook, select the Setup tab and the subtab Gradebook setup.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and select Add a category.
- Enter a name for your category on the next page. We strongly advise using Weighted mean of grades as an aggregation method. Adjust further settings in the other drop-down menus as needed. When you are happy with your category, select Save changes.
- Adjust the weight of the category from the gradebook if necessary.
Note: If you already have some grades in the gradebook, the next page will say "Recalculating grades". Just select Continue when it is completed.