Wizard 2: Create Gradebook Categories
Step by Step Instructions
At the top right of your Moodle paper, Turn editing on.
Select the drop-down menu at the top centre of your paper, to the right of Paper Setup Wizards, to view the list of wizards.
- Select Wizard 2: Create Gradebook Categories.
- In the next page, enter or edit the assessment categories so that they match your Paper Outline. If required, you can edit category names when you review your gradebook with Review Gradebook.
a. To include a listed Grade category in your gradebook, tick the box to the left of its name.
b. Enter the Weight of the grade category. Your category weights should Total 100.
c. If a Grade category will not contribute to the final grade, tick the Assessment for feedback box to the right of each category.
d. If you need to add a category, select Add another category at the bottom left.
e. Select Next at the bottom right of the page.
Note: Assessment items need to be in categories so the marks can be transferred to the student management system. Your category weights should Total 100.
The Wizard will now lead you through adding a new assessment item. If you only wish to create or edit your gradebook categories at this stage, select Exit at the bottom left of the Add new assessment item page.
- Select the assessment type, Assessment for final grade or Assessment for feedback
- Select the assessment type and select Next
- Name the assessment.
- Set the Availability dates.
Note: if you set a Cut-off date students cannot upload files after the date set.
- Make any required changes to the remaining settings.
Note: Under Grade, the maximum mark is set to 100 by default
- Enter the weighting of the assessment.
- Open the Grade category drop-down menu and select the relevant category.
- Finally, select Complete at the bottom right of the screen.
Adding a new assessment item
Note: To create more assessment items, you can follow this process again or use Wizard 3: Add Assessment Items.
Moodle and Panopto are unavailable every Thursday 7:00 am – 7:30 am.