Manual Grading of Quizzes
Manual Grading is used primarily to mark essay-type quiz questions, and can also be used to check and adjust previously marked or automatically marked questions.
- Select the quiz.
- At the top right, select the editing cog icon then select Manual grading in the menu.
Note: If you are marking essay-type questions, you can also Download essay submissions from this menu.
To grade an ungraded question:
- Select grade next to the question in the To grade column. This allows for marking by question rather than by student.
- Mark each student's attempt of the selected question. Feedback can be entered or uploaded via the comment box. Then select Save and go on to the next page.
To review questions that have been Automatically graded or Already graded:
- Select Also show questions that have been graded automatically. This shows you ungraded, manually graded, and automatically graded questions.
- Select update grades to review and update grades.
- Update and save as above.
- At the top of the grade and update grades pages, the Order attempts menu allows you, for example, to order the quiz attempts by date, first name or last name:
- You can also review and update quiz grades by selecting the edit cog icon, then Results or Grades. This method allows you to Regrade all, or Dry run a full regrade, or select individual students for review.
- Regrade all is useful if a quiz containing an incorrect question has been run, or if a question has been incorrectly graded for all students. If this happens, you can edit the incorrect question, then update the marks for that question. Please note that this method will delete both automatically assigned grades, and any previously manually entered grades.
Moodle and Panopto are unavailable every Thursday 7:00 am – 7:30 am.