Wizard 4: Review Gradebook
- Toggle Edit mode on using the option located at the top right of your Moodle paper.
- On the left of the screen under the paper title, select the Paper Setup Wizards tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select 4. Review Gradebook.
- The next page will show your whole gradebook.
- There is a gradebook item for every assessment.
- All gradebook items are inside a gradebook category.
- The weightings and calculations for items, categories, and the paper total are correct.
- The category weights add to 100.
For more information on the example gradebook above, and links to help, see the Grading page.
A. No changes needed
If there are no changes to be made, scroll down and at the bottom left of the page, select Exit.
B. Add new category
To add a new category, at the bottom left of the page select Add Category.
You will be taken to Wizard 2: Create Gradebook Categories.
C. Add a new assessment item
At the bottom left of the page, select Add Assessment Item.
You will be taken to Wizard 3: Add Assessment Item.
D. Edit gradebook
Follow these steps to make several gradebook changes at once. You can also access these edit options via the Grades tab (see Grader Report section below)
- At the bottom right of the screen select Edit gradebook.
- In the popup window, select OK.
- After grades are recalculated, select Continue.
A. To add a new Grade Item or Category, at the top left select Add grade item or Add category.
B. To move a Category or an assessment item, select the up/down arrow icon to its left.
Then select the place where you would like it to go.
To move several items at once, tick the box to the far right of each item, then scroll down and select the Move selected items to menu, then select a location.
C. To edit a category or assessment item weight, enter a number in its Weights column text box.
D. To edit or hide/unhide categories, assessment items, and category total calculations, and to delete categories and assessments, select the Edit drop-down menu to the right of the item.
- Finally, scroll down and at the bottom left select Save changes.
Grader report: Gradebook setup
Check your gradebook after adding new assessment items, to ensure they are in category and the weights are correct. Grader report takes you to an editable view of the whole gradebook.
- In your Moodle paper, under the paper title, select the Grades tab.
- At the top left, select Grader report to open the drop-down menu.
- Select Gradebook setup.
- Review or edit the gradebook, then scroll down and at the bottom left select Save changes.