Enrolling a participant through Moodle controls the level of access and permissions for any participant in the paper and should be used only to allow access to Tutors, Teachers, or Support Services. DO NOT enrol students via this method. This method is not connected with the Staff Role/ Paper Association Tool and therefore will not count towards evaluation and promotion processes.
Note: Participants can only be enrolled by those with a Teacher role.
- Select Participants on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select Enrol users on the right-hand side of the page.
- Search for new participants by name, username, email, or ID number, and select them.
- Select the role you would like to assign.
- Finally, select Enrol users.
Note: These roles allow different permissions within the paper but are not connected with the Staff Role/ Paper Association Tool in any way.
- Co-teachers have the same editing capabilities as teachers. They can do anything within a paper, including managing (adding, editing and deleting) activities, managing resources and grading students. Co-teachers cannot, however, assign roles to users.
- Non-editing teachers can teach in courses and grade students, but may not alter activities.
- A Marking Tutor can manage and grade any activity in a course. They cannot view hidden details or assign roles to users. This is derived from the settings for a non-editing teacher.
- A Non-marking Tutor can manage a variety of activities but with no privileges to view or enter grades. This is an expansion of the 'student' role.
- This role is a slight modification of the 'student' role. The same settings as a student apply, except that this role allows the assigned student to moderate glossaries (that is, to manage entries, categories and comments, and import/export entries for any glossary that this role is associated with), forums (that is, to edit and delete any posts for a forum that this role is associated with) and quizzes (that is, to manage and preview questions for any quiz that this role is associated with).
- Students generally have less privileges within a course.
- This Student Support role has similar rights as a student but cannot participate (essentially this role is 'view only'). This is used for support users such as the Disability Support staff, Maori mentors and Librarians. If a user with this role requires access to a specific activity this is possible via a Role Override.