Preparing a paper for the first time in Moodle
Use these instructions if you do not have any content to import from a previous Moodle paper.
- Under your name in the top right corner of the Moodle paper page, select Turn editing on.
- At the top of the central section of your Moodle paper you can find the Paper Setup Wizards.
Note: It is highly recommended that you follow these wizards to set up your papers and gradebooks.
- Select the up arrow to the right of Paper Setup Wizards to open the list.
- Select the first option, Import Content and Edit Paper Settings
- Select No, I just need to setup my paper format, then select Next at the bottom right of the page.
- You should now see the text below. Select Next at the bottom right to go to the next step.
- If required, Update Paper Description by typing in the text box. This Paper Summary appears in the Moodle Dashboard. Then select Next to go to the next step.
- Select whether you want the central sections of your Moodle paper to be organised into Topics (Modules) or a Weekly format. Select Next to go to the next step.
- Select whether your sections will be Short or Long, then select whether you want to Show one section per page or Show all sections on one page. Select Next to go to the next step.
- Select the number of topics or weeks for your paper. You can add or delete topics once you have finished setting up the paper through this wizard. Then select Confirm at the bottom right.
- Finally, select Complete at the bottom right to go back to your paper's homepage and start creating content.
Note: We do not recommend using any of the two options listed in Show more..., as they may disappear in the future.