If you encounter new or puzzling issues with University of Waikato eLearning software, please check this page.
Here, we will address frequently asked questions to the e-Tuts and CeTTL, questions that have several potential answers, as well as known gremlins/oddities/bugs in Moodle, Mahara, Panopto, Turnitin, and other eLearning technologies. Please contact the e-Tuts if you would like help with any of these, or encounter issues that you think should be listed here.
Mobile App sign on.
If you are a new user of Mahara, before you can log on to the Mahara app via Single Sign On (SSO) you may need to (once only):
1. use a desktop computer and log on to https://eportfolio.waikato.ac.nz/
2. generate an access token
3. Paste in access token on the app log in screen
Why can't my students see their grades?
- Check if paper or assessment item/s are hidden to students. See these pages for more assistance:
- Step 2 of https://www.waikato.ac.nz/elearning-resources/moodle/managing-my-paper/edit-paper-settings
- Check if the section/week, whole gradebook, or assessment item is hidden.
Why can't I see my students/ paper participants?
- Check all filters. See these pages for more assistance:
- Check workflow filters: see steps 2 and 4 - https://www.waikato.ac.nz/elearning-resources/moodle/grades/workflow-release-grades
- Reset table preferences. Known bug, to be fixed by Moodle in a future upgrade. Brings across filters from previous searches, in other papers, and hides participants. Only occurs if in Assessment>Grading summary>View all submissions, at the bottom of the page under Options, Assignments per page drop-down is set to 100.
AND you have previously searched for a participant using the First name and Last name filters, AND that combination of initials doesn't occur in this paper.
FIX: Go to Your Assessment>View all Submissions, you should see on the top right Reset table preferences. Select this and all your students should reappear.