Add a Panopto URL in Moodle
Any recordings in your paper's Panopto folder will appear in the Panopto block you can also add a link in a topic or week. You can also add in a link or embed the recording.
Adding a link
1. Go to https://waikato.au.panopto.com/, log in to your account, then view your course folder.
2. Hover over a recording and select Share.
3. Select Link then Copy link.
4. Return to Moodle, Turn Editing On, and Add an activity or resource in the appropriate topic.
5. Choose URL and paste in your link.
5. Click Save changes
(You could also create a simple HTML link using the editor anywhere in your course).
Embedding a recording
1. As above go to the share options of your recording
2. Select Embed and Copy Embed Code
3. Return to Moodle, Turn Editing On, and Add an activity or resource in the appropriate topic.
4. Select Label
5. Select the downarrow icon to expand the toolbar options.
6. Select the HTML icon </>
7. Paste in the embed code you copied from Panopto.
8. Finally, select Save and return to paper
You should now see your recording in your chosen topic.
NOTE: Access to the video will be limited to the students enrolled in the paper so copying the content to another Moodle paper will not give those students access.
Moodle and Panopto are unavailable every Thursday 7:00 am – 7:30 am.